Troybilt tiller - replacement parts

/ Troybilt tiller - replacement parts #1  

hogboy

Tractor
Kubota/BX2200
Has anyone else had problems getting replacement parts for their Troybilt tillers? Since MTD bought them out it appears the former company had substantial debts to outside supply vendors who are holding back parts for non-payment (which I cannot blame them.) This is what I have been told by a few repair shops. I have been waiting for a few items for several weeks and still no ETA. They did make a quality product, as my last tiller went 18 yrs with only one tine replacement and one oil seal leak.

/ Troybilt tiller - replacement parts #2  
Have you tried the Troy-Bilt website?

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.troy-bilt-com>http://www.troy-bilt-com</A>

I have a 25th anniversary edition I inherited from my father. It hasn't needed anything recently, other than a new rim to replace the one that got bent when it was savagely attacked by gravity while unloading it out of my pickup./w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

I remember when there was a "Garden Way" store around. They were usually pretty good about having parts on hand. We had an 7hp horse from about 1982 that my father used in his 8000 sq. ft. garden. Got a the refurb kit from the Garden Way store, too. I don't think Lowes is quite up to supporting the Troy-Bilt line properly.

/ Troybilt tiller - replacement parts
Gomez, thanks for the info. I just spoke to the repair shop about this #800 number on the troy-bilt site. I was told their distributor gets the parts directly from the factory. He has "several" tillers in his shop now still waiting for parts. Again the shop stated that since MTD has taken over the Troy-bilt line there has been constant problems getting repair parts. I remember the Garden-Way store up on rte 309 (I think). We got my dad's Bolens snowblower there.The Horse model I have now was thru their original factory trade-in program. I traded in the transmission from a 5HP Pony model.If there is going to be a problem in the future like this I may decide to jump ship and go with a BCS machine. I have a dealer about 3 miles from my house.

/ Troybilt tiller - replacement parts #4  
MTD is having problems getting things going, hopefully by the end of next month they wioll be in business, but I like your idea of BCS. No belts, all direct drive, and parts are not going out of stock, AWESOME machine!

/ Troybilt tiller - replacement parts
Ya, I figured the BCS was a nice unit, however, the factory trade-in program that Troy-bilt had at that time was just too good to pass up. The price difference at that time, between the 2 units, was a savings of several hundred dollars and just too good to pass up. I had to return my 15 yr old trans housing to Troy to get the credit. After I had taken the Pony tiller apart the internal gears looked as good as the day they left the factory. I was really impressed. Then I got lucky and was also able to sell the 5HP Briggs to a guy for a go-cart for his grandson, and the wheels to another fellow. Is this a great country or what?