Troybilt tow hitch for pto horse tiller

/ Troybilt tow hitch for pto horse tiller #1  

flyingbfs

Does anyone out there in tractor land have a tow hitch for a pto horse tiller that you would like to sell. If so my email is flyingbfs@hotmail.com thanks Ben.

/ Troybilt tow hitch for pto horse tiller #2  
Hi! I make one. Very easy . Can be hard to find. Good luck Oldmech

/ Troybilt tow hitch for pto horse tiller #3  
Saw a couple sell on ebay for around $30. I would make one if it were me. I have two tractors and don't need a hitch for the TB horse.

/ Troybilt tow hitch for pto horse tiller #6  
If you have any steel working equipment you can make them. I made 3 or 4 last year, tried to sell them on Ebay, and didnt have much interest. Couldn't hardly give them away. Sure wasn't worth my time. I won't go there again. What prompted me was the high prices Troy Bilt wanted for the stuff. Here is a picture of mine, perhaps you can fabricate one.

Attachments

• P0003350.JPG
    P0003350.JPG
    483 KB · Views: 6,473
  • P0003347.JPG
    P0003347.JPG
    675.1 KB · Views: 6,737
   / Troybilt tow hitch for pto horse tiller #7  
Looks good. If I had a PTO model, I'd buy one off of you!

Make me a dozer blade and I'll buy it! :)

/ Troybilt tow hitch for pto horse tiller #8  
Looks good. If I had a PTO model, I'd buy one off of you!

Make me a dozer blade and I'll buy it! :)

Appreciate the kind words. I like making my own things when I can. Just need the ideas. I am currently meditating and thinking out an alteration to my current tandem disk to make it an offset gang modification. Saw something similar that sold for about 4 to 5 times the price of a regular tandem disk. My suspicion is that it should help alleviate the center ridge my current disk leaves. Maybe, but I will be fabricating it to where it can be semi-easy to return to original if it does not work as planned. Here is another shot of the tiller hitch and a cultivator I made up.

Good luck on the blade.....

Attachments

• P0003330.JPG
    P0003330.JPG
    562.5 KB · Views: 8,835
   / Troybilt tow hitch for pto horse tiller #9  
That is the cleanest Troy Bilt tiller I have ever seen other than a brand new one. Do you actually use it or did you clean it up for the photos? What year did you get it?

/ Troybilt tow hitch for pto horse tiller #10  
That is the cleanest Troy Bilt tiller I have ever seen other than a brand new one. Do you actually use it or did you clean it up for the photos? What year did you get it?

Thanks, I take pride in taking care of my stuff. It only has about 35 hours or so run time since new, and I keep it inside, always. I do wash it after use, if it gets real dirty, but didn't for the photos you see. Yes it really is a cream puff tiller. I am the second owner, I bought it on Ebay about 5 years ago. I had to drive up near Oklahoma City to get it, and have always felt it was well worth the drive. Normally I am afraid of buying equipment unseen on Ebay, but I could tell the fellow I bought it from was nearly as meticulous as me. He kept it inside as well, and he also had a tractor with 3PH tiller, so he didn't use it much either.

You make a good point, about lack of use. Since I bought a tiller for my tractor and 3 Point Hitch, I probably only use it a couple of hours a year for smaller areas. But when I do use it, I really enjoy it. After storing away for several months, it starts on first pull. To be honest, I probably don't need it , but ................

But having said that , I would like to inject a care tip if I can. Mine has a fuel shut off valve from the tank, and when I am through for the day, I close the fuel valve and run it until it dies, to suck out all the gas from the carb. Or other tiller owners without a shut off valve can drain the carb some way before storage. Old gasoline that is left in a carb to evaporate and turn to sticky varnish is a disaster waiting to happen. Once the carb gets gummed up and stopped with varnishy gas, its very difficult to undue. I do this procedure on all my small engines, like chain saws, weed eaters, lawn mowers, generators, etc. Perhaps this advice can help a fellow tiller owner.