Troybilt Xmssion and Tiller oil Level check

/ Troybilt Xmssion and Tiller oil Level check #1  

DennisArrow

Platinum Member
Tractor
Iseki TL 2300, Kubota RTV, Kubota B7610
I dont know what year my Horse is yet; but am trying to check the oil level in both the transmission and tines. The owners manual that I downloaded from MTD is for years later than mine. It talks about having a dipstick, a clutch lever to disengage the tines when traveling, and the ability to hook up other PTO attachments. MINE DOESNT DO THIS........

I do NOT find a dipstick for the tines unit, fill hole/check level, nor a drain. IS the tine unit a direct part of the transmission?...........Does the oil that one puts in the transmission travel back to the tine unit through the driveshaft tube?

Yes, I find the drain plug on the right side of the transmission and the check level plug just above that. Does one remove the T handle that holds the handlebar unit and fill there or can one put some tubing into the check level hole and fill there?.........

The main question though is checking the fluid level in the tines.........

THANKS........Dennis

/ Troybilt Xmssion and Tiller oil Level check
One other addition on the draining filling transmission/tines oil........Just below the input/output shaft on the back of the transmission, the one that the fast/slow lever moves, is a plug........PURPOSE?????

/ Troybilt Xmssion and Tiller oil Level check #3  
I always just put a tube in the check plug hole usually using one of those cheap suction guns they sell at farm supply stores. the tine oil is common with the transmission and gets its oil from the transmission so if the tranny oil gets too low the tines will run dry over time frying the bearings .and then the steel seals will cut into the tine shaft

/ Troybilt Xmssion and Tiller oil Level check
Thanks Randy...............Project today is to drain the transmission and see what comes out........Common sense told me that the transmission/driveshaft housing/tines were all "one big piece" but one never knows.......

Am going to lean the machine so that it has a slightly rearward bias, drain the transmission, and then give it a forward bias to see what comes out of the rear end......The whole thing should hold at 6 pints should one would think at least a pint should come out of the rear end.......lolol......MY LUCK......NOTHING.........anyway.....thanks......Dennis