1984 Troy bilt th1003

/ 1984 Troy bilt th1003 #1  

schoonie22

I have recently inherited a troy bilt tiller from my father and it has th1003 stamped on it. I believe its a Horse. I found a year on it, 1984. I was wondering if anyone knew how much it would be worth? I do know that its in great condition and works great and he always took care of it.

/ 1984 Troy bilt th1003 #3  
What it's worth depends on condition and any attachments or optional accessories that come with it. Assuming your 1984 date is correct, it should be a PTO equipped horse. With nothing extra, typically they sell for around $300 in decent running condition. Add $50 for the wrap around bumper, add another $75 for the front blade, add another $50-75 for the hiller/furrower. Rarer attachments included a log splitter, electric generator and a wood chipper, figure $400 or more for each one of those if you have it. Now my GUESSES are based on what I see on Ebay, I have not seen your machine, or heard it run. so take these as rough ball park numbers.

/ 1984 Troy bilt th1003 #4  
If you intend to use it and it is in good condition, in my opinion, it is a better built machine than is now available.

I see people asking $300 for older horse units with various problems. I believe a good looking unit in good condition is worth more. Mine is probably not for sale period.