Replcement Engine for Troy-Built Horse

/ Replcement Engine for Troy-Built Horse #1  

pro-tell

Tractor
Kubota BX2200
Where could I get cross reference information for possible replacement engines for my Troy-Build tiller? The original engine is not worth rebuilding. Help and suggestions would be appreciated.

/ Replcement Engine for Troy-Built Horse
THANKS - that may help and it's a great starting place to begin searching.

/ Replcement Engine for Troy-Built Horse #4  
Kohler, Techumseh, or Briggs engine?

/ Replcement Engine for Troy-Built Horse
Sorry for the delay. It currently is a Techumseh engine.

/ Replcement Engine for Troy-Built Horse #6  
Take model and serial number to a small engine shop and they can order a short block for you. You will then have to transfer the head, carb,muffler,flywheel and coil to the short block. It comes with all the gaskets needed and it is much cheaper than buying a crated engine. If you are not comfortable transfering the parts to a short block then buying a crated(complete) engine is the way to go. Any small engine shop that is a Tecumseh dealer will be able to order both in for you.

/ Replcement Engine for Troy-Built Horse #7  
I think you should measure the mounting holes to see what replacement engine will fit. I can't say if another brand will fit right up or not, but for example, I thought Honda made their mounting holes to interchange with a Briggs. Before I started swapping parts, I'd be looking at the bolt pattern for an interchange.

/ Replcement Engine for Troy-Built Horse #8  
If you take your model number and your serial number of the engind to a small engine shop then they can match it up with the proper tecumseh engine, be it a short block or a complete engine. I have had to do this on many occasions for customers when I worked at an small engine shop. Tecumseh makes replacement engines and shortblocks. The only difference will be in the horsepower, a seven horse will now be an eight horse engine.

/ Replcement Engine for Troy-Built Horse #10  
If it is a cast engine then you can punch it out up to .030 in over and do a rebuild. Expensive but once done it will last a lifetime if done right.