Country Line (King Kutter)

/ Country Line (King Kutter) #11  
I upsized to a 72" King Kutter II tiller 2 years ago. I break tines nearly every time I use it. I have broken a dozen tines. The tines looked like some type of cast to me.

My old 60" tiller did all the hard work of tilling the soil loose and finding all the buried objects and never had a problem. But now my new 72" King Kutter breaks tines tilling previously tilled soil with all the big objects removed.
Is King Kutter trying out cheaper junk tines or what???

No. I don't know what is going on with you breaking tines, but to my knowledge, this is not a widespread problem. Although, a company could always acquire a bad batch of tines.

I've ran a 72" KK tiller in asphalt and not broke a single tine. I'm perplexed.:confused:

/ Country Line (King Kutter)
Thank you everyone for some knowledgeable information. I just looked at my father inlaws KUHN and it is hard to tell what those tines are made of. I hope my TSC tiller is not going to be a big junker. I did tons of research and many of people had good things to say about my tiller.

My father litterally just put the thing on the soil that I tilled last year and within 2 seconds I heard clank clank and a tine blew out. I figured if this is a huge issue I will probably see more people on these message boards. It is amazing how much information we have now at our disposal.

If any one hears of any issues with the Countryline Tiller/KK could you please let me know. I will just wait for my replacement tines and til my food plots this fall. When I til my food plots again I should be able to see if any more issues arise. Once again thanks for the wonderful input on my tine breakage issue.