What is it? Mule?Pics

/ What is it? Mule?Pics #11  
By the way the man I bought this one from said it was a farm boss but most people he knew of called them an Alabama Mule.The one we had years ago was called a Jackass with a picture of a jackass on the belt cover.

/ What is it? Mule?Pics #12  
thats funny here in alabama we all called them geogia mules or i have heard them called row busters . i have one with a bad motor but other wise in good shape been thinking of getting it running .

/ What is it? Mule?Pics #13  
Not sure what the beast is called, but a buddy of mine has a 1937 Simplicity that he restored.

Attachments

• Al 1937 Simplicity 4.jpg
    Al 1937 Simplicity 4.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 1,932
   / What is it? Mule?Pics #14  
The guy in Atlanta I bought it from is originally from Montgomery and had purchased it there through mail order (that's what he said) in 1980.
My dealer in Eastman, Ga (who didn't realize he was a dealer either) got on the phone to the distributer after I gave him the number and then called me back and quoted me a delivered price of $920.00. Ouch! They may not keep making them as they have stopped making them and have now restarted so I am trying to tell myself to get one. They do now have an 8 horse instead of 5 and they can do certain things well. You just need a tiller or a tractor to prep the ground to begin with. Anyway, I think I will sell the old one I got in Atlanta and buy the new one while the gettin is good.

/ What is it? Mule?Pics
My old friend has called them mules since I met him. They really do a good job. I do just a half acre and it saves a lot of time. BTW he is 76 and I am 35. I call him my black daddy,and he calls me his grey eyed son. I love that man.

/ What is it? Mule?Pics #16  
Those aren't mules, at least not the one that held the name brand.

Mules had iron wheels and were built in Alabama (selma or troy I think). My father had a dealership on them in the late 70's. They eventually went out of business. He still had one I gave him a few years back, that a friend gave me. I don't know if he still has it. They do not have the front wheel and balance wonderfully. They were equipped with a gear reduction drive and 3 1/2 horse power B/S. You had everything from cultivators to a turning plow you could get for one....And yes, they would bite in and dig. Rubber tired knock offs and front wheel supported ones were not "mules". The true mule was patented and trademarked. I will see if I can find a picture.

/ What is it? Mule?Pics
That would be great. I'll show it to the old
Man. He found a belt cover that had a decal on it calling them power wheels. But he sanded it before I could get a pic. Gonna paint mine jd greene and yeller. Gotta keep up with team kubota

/ What is it? Mule?Pics #18  
The "iron mule" as it was named, the one I am referring to was made by the Coleman plow company, from Dothan, Alabama area....I was thinking it was somewhere in the southern part of the state.

/ What is it? Mule?Pics #19  
I have one of these Iron Mules made by Coleman Plow Company. I am in the process of getting it running but need to see some pics. If anyone has pics, please post them. Mine appears to be missing some parts and I really would like to know.

Pics Please

/ What is it? Mule?Pics
Cool!! Show a pic of what ya got