How much do used Troybilt tillers cost @ auction?

/ How much do used Troybilt tillers cost @ auction? #1  

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota MX5100, Deere 790 TLB, Farmall Super C
I have owned a number of Troybilt Horse tillers over the years and would like to get another one or two for my nephews. Anyone go to auctions and know what these things bring? I am cabable of mist repairs on these so little things wouldn't bother me. I live in Ohio. Thanks.

/ How much do used Troybilt tillers cost @ auction? #2  
What would you pay for one?

/ How much do used Troybilt tillers cost @ auction? #3  
I have owned a number of Troybilt Horse tillers over the years and would like to get another one or two for my nephews. Anyone go to auctions and know what these things bring? I am cabable of mist repairs on these so little things wouldn't bother me. I live in Ohio. Thanks.

Sixdogs, The auction where I purchased my snow blade sold a Horse in good shape for $295. It was probably a couple of years older than mine, which is an 89 model. The blade I got came in with it. I talked the auctioneer into selling the blade separate, since I didn't need
another tiller. It was well worth the price,I thought. I am in Southeast Indiana. Good luck in the search for one.
Huey

/ How much do used Troybilt tillers cost @ auction? #4  
I don't go to auctions but maybe this will help. I put an ad in a local free advertizing paper (peddlers post) saying I was looking for a used roto tiller. I got quite a few calls. One guy had an older horse that ran but he had worked on the engine and lost the parts to the governor. He sold it to me for $100 and I put a used Briggs engine on it in place of the Tecumseh. I still need to change one of the tires, but it tills great.

/ How much do used Troybilt tillers cost @ auction?
I don't go to auctions but maybe this will help. I put an ad in a local free advertizing paper (peddlers post) saying I was looking for a used roto tiller. I got quite a few calls. One guy had an older horse that ran but he had worked on the engine and lost the parts to the governor. He sold it to me for $100 and I put a used Briggs engine on it in place of the Tecumseh. I still need to change one of the tires, but it tills great.

Yeah, I've seen a few and those went in the $400 range. They do come up from time to time around here so I'm going to try to buy a couple. I do have an ad running now as well. We'll see what happens.
Thanks

Thanks for info too, Huey. Good local comparison for me.

/ How much do used Troybilt tillers cost @ auction? #6  
I missed a good one for $450 CDN last summer. The guy's wife wouldn't let him sell it. Then I paid $500 for another in rougher condition, but I'm glad I bought it. Great machine.