ordered new motor for tiller

/ ordered new motor for tiller #1  

heehaw

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M4900, B7510 and RTV
after a while of explaining to the folks, that the internet shows the 6.5 hp engine for $99.99 an finally stepping them thru click on engines an generators, then on gas engines, then the 7th an 8th items in the list shows they are on sale for $99.99: i got the sale price of $99.99: with shipping an taxes, the total comes to $120...an some change: i have been waiting for that sale: an it finally arrived...now in a couple weeks, i will have a new motor for my troybilt tiller...
heehaw

/ ordered new motor for tiller #2  
after a while of explaining to the folks, that the internet shows the 6.5 hp engine for $99.99 an finally stepping them thru click on engines an generators, then on gas engines, then the 7th an 8th items in the list shows they are on sale for $99.99: i got the sale price of $99.99: with shipping an taxes, the total comes to $120...an some change: i have been waiting for that sale: an it finally arrived...now in a couple weeks, i will have a new motor for my troybilt tiller...
heehaw

Harbor Freight?

I am looking at the same one for my tiller.

/ ordered new motor for tiller
yep, harbor freight...from what i have read on here, several folks have made the switch to this motor with pretty good results: i am replacing a kohler that i can not start...an i figure this is probably cheaper than getting the kohler worked on...plus i have never really needed all the power the kohler has anyway.
heehaw

/ ordered new motor for tiller #4  
There's been some discussion in the Troy bilt forum here about some folks doing this same thing. Have been a few minor issues with the bolt holes, but otherwise, seems to work out.

i read several post about making this change, thats why i decided to do it: didn't read any "issues" other than some had to disconnect the low oil sensor..hope i didn't miss something.
heehaw

/ ordered new motor for tiller #6  
My dad bought one of those a couple of years ago from HF and it is still running strong.

/ ordered new motor for tiller #7  
i read several post about making this change, thats why i decided to do it: didn't read any "issues" other than some had to disconnect the low oil sensor..hope i didn't miss something.
heehaw

I replaced mine with the Honda version , i believe the HF is the clone of this motor . Install is very simple and I did have to disconnect the low oil switch .

I enclosed a photo of the low oil switch wire disconnected ( with the orange electrical tape ) I imagined it's about the same on the HF version .

Attachments

• tiller.jpg
    tiller.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 259
  • low oil.jpg
    low oil.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 235
have to admit, that honda engine looks good sittin on that tiller....an i bet it works great too. i am replacing a 8 hp kohler that has very low usage, but is hard to pull, an hard to start.
heehaw

/ ordered new motor for tiller #9  
have to admit, that honda engine looks good sittin on that tiller....an i bet it works great too. i am replacing a 8 hp kohler that has very low usage, but is hard to pull, an hard to start.
heehaw

It does work well . I had a 6 horse tecumseh on mine that I tinker with for to long . i ordered the Honda from small engine warehouse , I think it was about $300.00 with free shipping last year .

I have found the new motor a lot quieter and has plenty of power . Best of luck in your motor swap :thumbsup: