strange horse problem.

/ strange horse problem. #1  

Allgoodian

Tractor
Troy bilt tillers
I have "inherited" troy bilt horse with the 8 hp kohler electric start engine. I have been working trying to get it to run and have run into something strange. when i try to start it with the electric starter the throttle cable gets crazy hot down close to where it attaches to the side of the engine and starts smoking like it is grounding out somewhere. I cant see where it would be doing this. Also there is no spark. I replaced the ignition module but still no luck. i am at a loss. confused:

/ strange horse problem. #3  
I have "inherited" troy bilt horse with the 8 hp kohler electric start engine. I have been working trying to get it to run and have run into something strange. when i try to start it with the electric starter the throttle cable gets crazy hot down close to where it attaches to the side of the engine and starts smoking like it is grounding out somewhere. I cant see where it would be doing this. Also there is no spark. I replaced the ignition module but still no luck. i am at a loss. confused:

Honestly that sounds like it is grounding out through the throttle cable. Check that it has a good strap ground.