year of tiller

/ year of tiller #1  

montville524

Tractor
kubota m6800
looking to buy a troy bilt 6hp pony. ser# 12181 1206020. anybody know the year. it shows it was built by garden way.

/ year of tiller #2  
I tried those numbers at the MTD online manual site and came up with 1999.

If you have a Briggs & Stratton engine check the code number, the first two numbers are the year, the second two numbers are the month the engine was made. Should be 99, maybe 98.

/ year of tiller #3  
On my horse, on the top of the transmission on the left side is stamped...."083 58".......any thoughts on the year?????.......It has a B&S engine but the code numbers on the shroud are not really readable so no help there......Am positive about the numbers on the transmission though.....Any help is really appreciated.....God bless......Dennis

/ year of tiller #4  
Dennis, this number I am not sure about. I don't see any 5 digit serial numbers that start with 0. Now if the 8358 is the serial number that would be a 1969 model. If your horse is very old, no pto, tines always turn then maybe this is the year.

/ year of tiller #5  
The tines are always active, unit has one belt for changing speed, 8 hp elect start B&S, and runs great......Yes, it uses a bit of oil when working, perhaps a quart over 3 or 4 hours; but pulls great even when deep......

I just went out and checked that Serial number again.......yes, that's it.....for the first time I noticed that there on the housing on top of the transmission that holds the T handle that you tighten to move the "handles".........anyway there next to the serial number is an etched or stamped into the metal an arrow pointing to the serial number with the words "serial number"......cool......thanks for your trouble.....God bless