Old/New BCS 715

/ Old/New BCS 715 #1  

Bobby Kiel

Tractor
BCS 715
Hello,
I just bought my 1st rototiller. I was told it was a 1985 8 hp BCS. Can anyone tell me where to look for the MFG. Year and the specs. It has an Acme engine. The tiller hood is red. It was stored for many years and the last owner put a new carb and plastic gas tank on it. It is running, the kill switch is gone, and the clutch lever is very tight. I bought it to till the rocky soil in my 1 acre Pinot vineyard. When I first tried it yesterday I only ran the tillers because in drive it almost got away from me in the slow gear. I could use some advice on where to begin.
It is a very beefy piece of gear. The tires seem a bit close together, what is the best width and is it changeable?

Thanks in advance,
Bobby

/ Old/New BCS 715 #3  
Hello,
I just bought my 1st rototiller. I was told it was a 1985 8 hp BCS. Can anyone tell me where to look for the MFG. Year and the specs. It has an Acme engine. The tiller hood is red. It was stored for many years and the last owner put a new carb and plastic gas tank on it. It is running, the kill switch is gone, and the clutch lever is very tight. I bought it to till the rocky soil in my 1 acre Pinot vineyard. When I first tried it yesterday I only ran the tillers because in drive it almost got away from me in the slow gear. I could use some advice on where to begin.
It is a very beefy piece of gear. The tires seem a bit close together, what is the best width and is it changeable?

Thanks in advance,
Bobby

Hello Bobby & welcome.
You should be able to find a metal plate somewhere on the machine, not the engine but frame itself, this will tell the manufacture and serial No#....
if this is a front tine tiller? yest they can be a handful for someone not familiar of their nature of operation, did the tiller come with a layout plow or a scarf tooth? if so use this and let it dig in a little, this will help the tiller from running away, do you know if it is chain or belt driven?

/ Old/New BCS 715
Welcome to TBN. :)

This machine is direct drive rear tines. Tiller cover 20'', tines are 4 sets of 4 18'' wide.

Just found these stamped vitals on the tranny. Can anyone decode them for me?

BCS 7127 B
ser# 43141
DGM 1471
MA OM

Thanks,
Bobby

/ Old/New BCS 715 #5  
Hey Bobby! Welcome to TractorByNet! :)

I have moved your thread to the Rototiller Forum so you will have a better response.

Thanks for joining!!!