BCS 735 pops out of low gear

/ BCS 735 pops out of low gear #1  

Westtexas

Tractor
BCS 735
I just purchased a BCS 735 that appears to be very low hour unit. It looks to be in great condition. I put a 13hp Honda on it and all new cables. I took it out to try it out and had issues with the low range lever jumping out of drive. It isnt really moving off the retaining ball. If I push the lever a little further forward it engages. I ended up using a bungie cord to keep the lever pulled forward and it works ok.

I also had an issue with the pto lever jumping out of engagment. It was moving off the tension ball. Does anyone have any ideas what can be causing these issues?

My tiller has one of the older tiller boxes on it. It digs pretty well for 3" or so but it doesnt go as deep as I was hoping. What is the maxiumum tilling depth on the BCS box. Mine has the short tines.

/ BCS 735 pops out of low gear #2  
:welcome:

Have you done a search on the BCS tiller on TBN? There have been threads about them, and maybe someone has a manual with a breakdown of parts. If there is a gearbox, sounds like some worn gears that might need some TLC or replacement.

/ BCS 735 pops out of low gear
Yes I have been looking for about a month before I purchased the BCS. I dont remember seeing any threads on this before. I have a parts break down for it but it doesnt really help. I will tear into it and see if anything is obvious. The BCS is different than most tillers.

/ BCS 735 pops out of low gear #4  
Hi! First try put a lot of penetrating oil as wd40 near shaft shifter may be some rust near ball and spring inside casing. Also Can have rust inside tranny . Good luck! Oldmech