Is gear reduction motor necessary.

/ Is gear reduction motor necessary. #1  

arrow

Tractor
Mahindra 3016
Cannot get parts for a mid eigthy Kawasaki engined 3.5 hp rototiller. Needs a new carb which is no longer available. I do have a spare 5 hp Honda GC160. It is not a 6 to1 gear reduction motor and wanted to know if this is an essential ingredient for a rototiller?

/ Is gear reduction motor necessary. #2  
Most tillers rely on a system of pulleys designed to transmit the right amount of torque and speed. Unless you have a rare tiller that was somehow designed to require a gear reduction engine, I would think you could use about any engine that will fit on the tiller.

/ Is gear reduction motor necessary. #3  
Don't do it! Without major modification, everything will run six times faster. You'll need roller-skates to keep up.
Mike

/ Is gear reduction motor necessary.
Don't do it! Without major modification, everything will run six times faster. You'll need roller-skates to keep up.
Mike

It is a gear reduction motor on there now so I guess I am out of luck. Thank you 2 many and Mike

/ Is gear reduction motor necessary. #5  
Did the tiller originally come with a gear reduction motor? Would like to see a photo if you get the chance.

/ Is gear reduction motor necessary. #6  
I think Briggs & Stratton made some gear reduction motors years ago. Not sure if they are still available today or not.

/ Is gear reduction motor necessary. #7  
I'm fairly sure gear reduction engines are available. Look at northerntool.com or search for Jack's small engine repair.
Mike