Tractor
    gravely 5260

Question parmi, lazyboy tiller

i just bought a Parmi Tiller for little more than the cost of the motor, which runs very well. the previous owner had replaced both belts and prolly used a size too small for the drive belt, and turned the transmission belt in the wrong direction. after adjusting tension and turning the transmission belt around i found that the tines were locked, or partially locked up. ok so i tried to remove the tines by pulling the axel pins out, but lo and behold they will turn a bit on the shaft but they will not remove!.. my question,,, is there a hidden retainer that holds the tines on the shaft?. i cannot find any reason for them to remain, but i must have missed something, because they just set there no matter how hard i hammer, and i don't want to damage the tines or the shaft. thanks for your time. john weaver

Tractor
    gravely 5260

Default Re: parmi, lazyboy tiller

FYI, parmi was bought out by gardenway many years ago,parts are a bear to find. mostly bearings and engine stuff,the rest is prolly gonna have to be machined!

Tractor
    Kubota

I had the same problem with my tiller tines being hard to remove. I found that the hardened pin had egg shaped and bent the hub. I just kept working the hub back and forth and banging on it with a hammer until it came off. Then I filed the inside of the hub with a rat tailed file and the shaft with a flat file. There is no retaining clip on the shaft.
    Also, I am looking for replacement tines for my 1984 tiller. You have any leads? I am the original owner and have almost worn the tines completely out. It has been a heck of a tiller.

Tractor
    gravely 5260

Jsh: i don't have any leads at the moment, but i'm looking too, my tines are fine, the tine brackets are torn and rounded out, trying to have em welded but not a lot of hope in that. seems the previous owner was tilling a yard and hit a stump, ripped the tine bracket nearly off one side. Update on my tiller though, i hadda replace the bearings (still available from gardenway) and hadda have a new tineshaft made, i guess prev didn't know you should check the bearings once in a while. As soon as i resolve the tine bracket issue i should be up and running.

Tractor
    ford

JSH1958 and podieoe
    HI 12027boatman here Im in greenville Oh there is a repair shop that might be able to help you out on some tines for the parmi tiller .The name of the place is fricks sale's the phone number is 1-937-548-3535 good luck ,He should be able to come up with something. good luck 12027boatman