BCS 720 WITH DIESEL ENGINE HELP REQUIRED

/ BCS 720 WITH DIESEL ENGINE HELP REQUIRED #1  

carattano

Morning forum

first time on here so please be gentle, i purchased 12 months a go a BCS 720 rototiller which has a lombardini diesel engine fitted on it. I purchased the engine with the understanding that the engine was faulty (blowing smoke). Having no knowledge on the repairs of such fault i took it into my local repair shop where they diagnosed it to be the piston rings warn. So i agreed to having the work done as i needed the machine to till my large vegetable patch.
Since having received it back from the repair shop the machine has not really work correctly as in the engine still blows smoke occasionally especially when tilling. I have spent to much time arguing with the repair shop about me not being happy with the repairs and having already paid 」200.00 for the repairs i have much to work with, so i have decided to purchase a new or reconditioned engine from somewhere.
I need help in understanding what i am looking for in terms of a replacement diesel engine, shaft size etc etc. The type i have on now is i think a 15ld 315 can anyone advise me a suitable replacement which i can purchase and bolt straight on to it??

any help would be brilliant.

regards

tony

/ BCS 720 WITH DIESEL ENGINE HELP REQUIRED #2  
Hi! I have two diesels. When cold diesel can smoke blue this is normal. When diesel is overloaded can smoke black this is normal. When running some occasionally smoke can be normal as long time turn slow you put at high speed some smoke for a short time can be normal. So I am old mechanic man. Engine with new rings can smoke a little bit in first 30-50 hrs. because new rings need to fit in cylinder. Wait a little bit if your engine dont take a lot of oil. You know! Some new diesel engine smoke also. Good luck! Oldmech