Tractor
    Yanmar YM 2000

Default Troy Bilt Junior

I had the luck to rescue a Troy Bilt Junior tiller from a buddy who was throwing it away. He even had it on the trailer to go to the dump. Has a 3.5 HP Tecumseh Electric start on it. I had to put a carb on it (had a spare tecumseh in shed) and change fluids and it ran/runs fine. Had some water in oil thought from being out side on its side. I drained and flushed it the best I could but have tilled garden and some of lawn for new seed. Awesome find all for no cost!!

Question though, how popular were the Junior models and what is parts availabitlity?

Tractor
    TM233

Default Re: Troy Bilt Junior

I have my Dads old Junior, and it still works like a champ. It's from the mid 80s I belive. I've had to replace very few parts and never had a problem with finding any that I need. If you clean it and change the fluids/air filter, it should last you a while.
    If you are a member of Yahoo's Users Group, there is a Troybilt group that you'll want to join. Enjoy your great find!

Tractor
    Yanmar YM 2000

I used it to till some areas of the lawn last night that were patchy, tilled in some lime and fertilizer then seeded it. When I got it it did not have the air cleaner assembly so I had to manufacture one, and totally rebuild the governor controls. I'll tell you though this little tiller is awesome. I'll have to check out the Yahoo site, I think I registered there but haven't spent any time there. Do you recommend any particular place to get parts for these older tillers?
    YM2000, Cub Cadet LTX1040, 5' Bush Hog, Boom Pole, Plow, Troy Bilt Tiller, Trailer, Stihlt 026 saw, Husqvarna trimmer, various push mowers, 95 ford F150, 04 VW Jetta 1.8T, Intimately Familiar with Navistar (International) MaxxPro Plus

Silver Member
    Tractor
    JD: LX172, X740, 3520

Troy-Bilt outdoor power equipment for lawn and garden. You can lookup local dealers or order parts direct from the website.

Tractor
    TM233

Yahoo! Groups

The link to the users group is provided...there are members who have parts stores that can help.

Tractor
    Yanmar YM 2000

Appreciate all the info!!
    YM2000, Cub Cadet LTX1040, 5' Bush Hog, Boom Pole, Plow, Troy Bilt Tiller, Trailer, Stihlt 026 saw, Husqvarna trimmer, various push mowers, 95 ford F150, 04 VW Jetta 1.8T, Intimately Familiar with Navistar (International) MaxxPro Plus

Tractor
    Tillsmith tiller

My neighbor gave me a 1981 junior with a 3.5 Tecumseh about a year ago. I got it running today and the reverse disc came apart (rubber part). Does anyone know where I can get one? The part number for the disc is 50024. I have looked everywhere and can't find one. Thanks!

Tractor
    Tillsmith tiller

If you need a parts list or manual I might be able to help you! Just let me know.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Ford 1720 SSS 4x4

I have my fathers Troy Bilt Junior and my son recently used it to till & reseed a portion of lawn.
    It was running a bit rough so in a attempt to get it to run right he over rode the govenor revving it up then finished the tilling.
    Talking to him the other day I asked him how it went, he said good but the engine was running rough so I gave it a HOT SUPPER!
    I told him never do that because Tecumseh's will throw a rod; I then told him how to adjust the carb to fix the problem.
    A couple days later he brought it home started it up & was running it up to put it in the barn when it made a loud thump & quit.
    Threw a rod!
    We had just talked about installing a small Yanmar diesel if this one ever died.
    Waiting to see his next move.