Tractor
    NA

Default Troy Bilt Junior Belts

My drive belt shredded (1987 TB Jr, I think) and I'm trying to find a replacement. Has anyone figured out a similar sized belt that can be purchased at an automotive store like Napa or Auto Zone? Or is my only option to use one of these online parts sources that want 18.00 or so dollars (plus shipping), just seems very expensive for a belt plus I need the tiller ASAP.

Auto5man

Tractor
    NA

Default Re: Troy Bilt Junior Belts

Quote Originally Posted by auto5man View Post
    My drive belt shredded (1987 TB Jr, I think) and I'm trying to find a replacement. Has anyone figured out a similar sized belt that can be purchased at an automotive store like Napa or Auto Zone? Or is my only option to use one of these online parts sources that want 18.00 or so dollars (plus shipping), just seems very expensive for a belt plus I need the tiller ASAP.

Auto5man
    I guess no one (or those that have read) knows the answer to this question. I think that someone else mentioned that there are not nearly as many Junior owners/users out there compared to the Horse model. I did find one of the correct belts, and in the interest of getting this info out to fellow Junior owners I'm posting the information. The forward drive belt I found at a local small engines repair place (Bartlett Small Engines, Bartlett, TN). The belt number is and brand is MTD 954-04094. (also says on the box "replaces 754-04094). Did not have as much luck with the reverse belt however, the shop has the belt in stock listed for reverse but it is smaller and a FLAT belt that I don't think is a match for my tiller. It has Vee pullys and I don't see how the flat belt could work?

Auto5man