Troy built econohorse leaking oil

/ Troy built econohorse leaking oil #1  

CSOTP

Tractor
Husqvarna YTH2348
I just bought a used troybuilt econohorse tiller with a tecumseh engine. I think it's about 20 years old. There is a rubber vent tube (i think) on the side of the motor that is spewing a lot of oil. I ran it for about 2 minutes and it left a puddle of oil about 8 inches in diameter in my driver. I just shut it down and called it a night. The person I bought it from said his father bought it new and it worked without incident. He said it's been sitting for a few years. By the looks of it, it was obviously sitting inside. Thanks for helping out a complete newbie.

/ Troy built econohorse leaking oil #2  
Make sure that the oil level is where it is suppose to be and not overfilled. Also make sure it doesn't smell like gas.

/ Troy built econohorse leaking oil
I checked the oil this morning and there was still plenty on the dipstick. Started it up and it wasn't spewing oil anymore. I tried tilling a little, and it worked great. The I figured I'd change the oil and a chunk of the block snapped off with the drain plug. The hole was still round so I thought there might still be enough thread to get the drain plug back in and there was. I'm watching it closely right now to see if it still holds oil. If not, I'm seriously screwed.