Troy Bilt Gear Oil

/ Troy Bilt Gear Oil #1  

kyyada

Tractor
Kubota b6000
Hello: I have a pto gear box that leaks out not real fast but enough to be worrysome. I know about the GL-1 but was wondering what would happen if I filled it with grease gun grease like I did for my Gravely mower gear box???

/ Troy Bilt Gear Oil #2  
Grease would not allow the wear material to be removed from the area of wear. The bronze worn gears wear a lot and need the washing effect of the gear oil to remove worn material from the point of wear. The bronze wheel shaft bearing would have no lubrication nor would the tapered roller bearings. Replace the damaged oil seal and/or the worn shaft and the tiller will last for years.

/ Troy Bilt Gear Oil
I talked to someone at Mobil and they said they had one type of grease that did not have the EP additive but it was sold in 5 gallon pails. I'm sure everything low would get lubed but am not sure about the top bearing and expansion. Maybe a small hole drilled in the dip stick? In my Gravely the oil would leak out as fast as I could pour it in and the grease cured it right up...no leaks! Thanks for the reply. Any other thoughts? Anyone know of a light grease with no EP additive? Said to say BCSSHOP I bought all new gears, shafts, bearings and seals for the PTO gear box and it leaked from day one just not real bad...I guess I am not a top mechanic....it is all shimmed up right and just the right amount of play so I hate to tear it down.