Tecumseh LV195EA carburetor rebuild

/ Tecumseh LV195EA carburetor rebuild #1  

keegs

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M5640SUD
Picked up a load of horse manure yesterday and wheelbarrowed it into the garden. Need another load I think.

My rototiller is having carburator issues. I think I need a rebuild kit. The little O rings in the carb are disintegrating. It's got the Tecumseh LV195EA engine. Never got it working last year and had to turn the garden over by hand.

Anyone ever do a rebuild on one of these?

/ Tecumseh LV195EA carburetor rebuild #2  
More than I want to count, but I am a Tecumseh dealer. It is not hard to do, Make sure you have some spray type carb cleaner to spray through all the passages. An ultrasonic cleaner does wonders on these, but will still need the spray cleaner. Make sure to clean the bowl nut jet well, because that is a common area people miss. also take pictures of the linkages before removing if you can't remember how they were connected. Make sure not to get carb cleaner on the o rings, or the rubber seat. and that includes gas on the bowl gasket. I will swell to the point of not fitting.

/ Tecumseh LV195EA carburetor rebuild
Thanks Randy...I didn't know about not getting the carb cleaner on the o rings and gasket. Ordered the kit from Jack's this morning.

/ Tecumseh LV195EA carburetor rebuild #4  
I have seen the bowl gasket grow about 25%, and the rubber valve seat double in size.