Troybilt model ID

/ Troybilt model ID #1  

jdboy4410

Bronze Member
Tractor
john deere 4410,1962 Gravely L model,Gravely Commercial 10,multiple attachments,and JD x320
I picked up two old Horse tillers,trying to identify them so I can order some parts,seals and tines,anyway,I have the serial #s taken from the casting and they are 762611,and the other is 566019.I have been searching for info to identify them,but nothing yet,does anyone know how to decipher the #s. The first one is a 6hp Tecumseh with elec start,the other has been repowered with an 8HP Tecumseh,any help appreciated.

/ Troybilt model ID
I tried there,no match found,but thanks

/ Troybilt model ID #4  
It appears that the 762611 is a Horse III from the serial number. the other one could be a Horse I or II. That is from the MTD dealer parts site. The tines and seals are fairly universal across all the horse tillers. The same tines are used on all models. They main differences between the units are the engine unless you get into the detachable rear unit tillers called the PTO models.

/ Troybilt model ID
thanks for the info Randy,I did finally find a ID list that goes back to the first troybilt tillers made,the one I have is an 81,and the other is an 85 year model.My new engine showed up yesterday for the 85,so I have some work to do Saturday.I am thinking about tearing it the rest of the way down and doing a complete repaint on it,the tires are in good shape,but it needs all new seals,so I am gonna order all that stuff and get it coming,along with new tines.It's gonna be a nice tiller when I am done.I am ordering double since I have two of them and one will be for sale in the spring all ready to go to work.