HH60 removal.....NEED HELP ASAP!

/ HH60 removal.....NEED HELP ASAP! #1  

sergeant69

Tractor
troy bilt horse and pony
I can loosen the two bolts on the right side that hold the hh60 to the trans. but the two on the left side are blocked by the pulleys. the obvious thing is to remove the pully but I can't get it to stop turning so I can remove the center bolt in IT. and if I do get the pulley loose will it go far enough back to get to the bolt heads? or...am I missing out entirely on how an HH60 removal is done? THANKS
OH YEA.......its a 1971 manual start horse1

UPDATE........had lunch, drank a beer, sat and looked at it, took it off. need to pressure wash it (tiller) to look for leaks etc before the 8 hp Honda gets here in a few days. but that's for tomorrow.

Last edited:
   / HH60 removal.....NEED HELP ASAP!
finally!! got the Honda 8 HP on the 71 horse1 and it runs like a mack truck. am 63 yrs old w/a recent "failed" back surgery (2 titanium rods in lower back etc) so was no small chore. took it to the gaden and started tilling and was not happy w/results until it dawned on me that I had the tine depth bar set at its highest setting. duh. when I lowered it it then sank so low it had the new belts squealing as the tines broke up the solid hard as concrete clay soil that my pony hadn't been able to reach. so thanks to everyone, especially TOM SELLER for the help and advice.