Troybilt - any models with changeable tine rotation?

/ Troybilt - any models with changeable tine rotation? #1  

Almonzo

Tractor
John Deere 2640, Ford 4000 (1973)
Am I mis-remembering or did some Troy model tillers have the ability to switch between forward and reverse rotation of tines?

If this was an option, does anyone recall which model(s) had this ability?

/ Troybilt - any models with changeable tine rotation? #2  
I have an 84 Pony that has reverse on the handle. It had a blown engine when I got it, so I don't know if that was the tines. I will check tomorrow.

/ Troybilt - any models with changeable tine rotation? #3  
I have a mid-90's Pony. It has a lever you pull to reverse the tire rotation (and back out of a tight spot) but it is only intended for occasional use as it is seems slower and you have to keep the lever pulled and it is spring-loaded. I don't recall if it also reverses the tine rotation but I believe it does. I would check for you but it is currently partially dis-assembled for servicing.

/ Troybilt - any models with changeable tine rotation? #4  
I have an old "horse". It has a reverse to back up but you need to lift it up on the tires. T flap goes the wrong way and lifts it up anyway. I have had that tiller for 30+ years and it was 20 when I bought it. Still tilling up a storm. Best tilling I have ever seen.

/ Troybilt - any models with changeable tine rotation? #5  
My horse from the 80s reverses the tires for backing up, but the tines only turn forward. The tines even go forward when backing up.

Last winter my brother was over and pressed apples for cider and dumped the pulp in my garden. Sunday I was rototilling for the first time this year. The horse pulls like a mule in hard soil and you have to hold it back and dig your heels in at times. Sure enough my feet hit that apple pulp from last year and it was like a banana peel. My feet went forward but I was able to get them to the side of the tines. First time ever that this has happened. No way I would want reverse running tines if I went down behind those old machines without a deadman switch. At least with forward running tines it would not run over you. The tines would outdo the wheels in hard soil and it would launch backwards with reverse running tines.

/ Troybilt - any models with changeable tine rotation? #6  
When I was shopping tillers a 4-5 years ago I went to Troy Built first. But I ended up with a Cub Cadet because it had shiftable tine direction that was unavailable in that price range from TB. We have 2 20x40 vegetable gardens and I am well satisfied with the Honda powered CC.