Troybilt rototiller 6hp tecumseh flywheel magnet

/ Troybilt rototiller 6hp tecumseh flywheel magnet #1  

csyaung

I discovered that one of the magnets in the flywheel of the 6 hp tecumseh engine was loose. I had been to several tecumseh dealers and no one knows where the magnet should be located. They said the flywheel is no longer available. Any help ? The Engine is HH60 105106F serial # 8272C. I bought this tiller in 1979. Thank you.

/ Troybilt rototiller 6hp tecumseh flywheel magnet #2  
Sounds like it might be time for a new engine? Maybe you can find an old engine with a salvageable flywheel, but I doubt you would be able to properly position the existing magnet on the old flywheel and get it to stay there. How would you attach it? Unless the $$ are prohibitive, I suspect that a new 6hp engine would probably be the easiest solution.

/ Troybilt rototiller 6hp tecumseh flywheel magnet #3  
I think I would attemt to fix it, especially if the magnet is all that is wrong. I have no idea what I am talking about but I would think it would be pretty easy to tell whear the magnet went by looking for some evidence of the attachment on the flywheel. Once you get the position figured out stick it on with JB Weld, the slow cure kind available at most auto parts stores.

/ Troybilt rototiller 6hp tecumseh flywheel magnet #4  
Magnet coming loose from the flywheel is a common problem on the old Tecumseh flywheels. You are correct that the flywheel in NLA. As Bob said, look for evidence of where the magnet used to be & use JB weld or something similar & glue it back on. You can also visit some of the Tecumseh engine clubs (Yahoo has one) & see if someone has a good used one they will sell. I have had luck doing both.

/ Troybilt rototiller 6hp tecumseh flywheel magnet
With the help and suggestions from our members, I was able to find the answers to my loose magnet problem. The engine is running kike new now. Thanks to everyone.

/ Troybilt rototiller 6hp tecumseh flywheel magnet #6  
Excellent, glad to hear that it worked out for you.