troy built attachments?

/ troy built attachments? #1  

heehaw

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M4900, B7510 and RTV
anyone know where to get some of the attachments for the troybuilt tillers, like a generator and a wood splitter??
maybe i could put the tiller to a little more use if i had some of the attachments??
heehaw

/ troy built attachments? #2  
hmmm, the only attachment I ever had for my old troy built tiller is a furrowing plow. Don't know anything about the other attachments.

Ben

/ troy built attachments? #3  
I am assuming you have the Horse or the Big Red model since they are the ones that can run attachments.

Check with your local Troybilt dealer, they would be the ones that sell the larger models and can get anything from Troybilt that is offered. The big chain stores only carry the smaller line so they probably can't help, but you can check to make sure. You could also check some online sources, but from what I found they have about the same prices as the local dealers. Troybilt also sells their stuff direct (online) too.
The only other real option is to start shopping used equipment but usually items like that are rare finds and close in price to new. If someone has bought the piece they will keep it as part of the package. Maybe you can find some at auctions, but again it would more than likely be a package deal to move the stuff.

/ troy built attachments? #4  
The log splitter is available new from Troy-Bilt for a list price of $1209. The generator has not been available new for quite a while, but they do occasionally pop up on places like Ebay. These 2 attachments require that your horse tiller have the removeable tine section to utilize the PTO feature (mine is too old /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif ) I have the front mounted blade and was pleasantly surprised at how much work it will do. Especially if you loosen the soil by tilling first, then pushing it out of the way. The hiller/furrower also works very well. And at one point they offered a cart that attached to the optional tow hitch offered on the PTO models. I have no experience with the "V" sweep cultivator, or the row marker. That's about all the attachments I can remember.

/ troy built attachments?
$1209 for a log splitter "attachment": i think i'll quit looking, i have one of the tillers with the pto to operate the attachments, but didn't expect them to be that high priced..
thanks for the info
heehaw

/ troy built attachments? #6  
That $1209 is what it lists for new. They pop up on Ebay for less, sometimes a lot less. I recently saw a PTO wood chipper attachment sell on Ebay for around $200. So don't give up on the idea of using your tiller for other stuff.