troy bilt cub rzt 50

/ troy bilt cub rzt 50 #1  

65cobra

Well I heard this unit had some bad reviews. But I really like it

I have a 20 hp 46 inch deck craftsman mower and It kept plugging up and throwing belts and giving me other issues. The other day I was at lowes and they had a returned/repaired troy bilt rzt 50 for only $1450 regularily $2600 they said the guy didn't have it more than two months and ran over something while mowing and sheered a spindle. Well I couldn't pass it up.

This thing is sooo much better easily cut my time in half (even though I am still learning to drive it.) It powered through stuff the previous tractor would of choked on and it did it at 2/3 throttle. I was mowing pretty wet grass and did plug it a couple of times but the discharge shoot is twice as big and it throws the clippings out with a lot more energy. The old mower would of needed cleaning several times, I probably would of had to give up.

It does peel out a bit so it will take some practice wet ground didn't help any. It also had some attachment on the front with some balast bolted on I removed that I think it should help.

I can't speak for the long term yet but so far this thing is 10 times better than the older rider. Its also the first ZTR I have driven so I can only compare it to a rider. Backing up is still tricky seems like I have to hold one lever further than the other one. Btw my yard is just over a 1/2 acre of grass but its divided into 5 sections. So the ZTR really helps on the last bit of each section that took a lot of circling with the rider.

/ troy bilt cub rzt 50 #2  
Now that you've taken the ballast off of the front, you may need wheelie bars on the rear. Sounds like you got a deal.

/ troy bilt cub rzt 50
Used it again today I think it cut my time down to 1/3 :) works much better without the weights, maybe the PO needed it for a bagger setup.