rubber tracks repair options

/ rubber tracks repair options #1  

DarinRay

Platinum Member
Tractor
2004 JD 4310 300CX 72MM, dozers, excavtors, bachoes, loader, tractors.
Hello,

Well I might be in need of getting one of my rubber tracks repaired or replaced due to working in my pond and creek where rocks do havoc on them. Well to make a long story short I ripped a steel tooth right out of the rubber casting which is where the sprocket rides. First do you think that by having one tooth missing will cause the track to roll off in half? Next does anyone have experience in having one repaired adn where and at what costs? Oh another question... Can you just change over from rubber tracks to steel tracks with minimal changes? I know there are alot of questions but do need some answers. ha,ha. Thanks people

Darin

/ rubber tracks repair options #2  
Darin,
First of all,what kind of machine do you have??I have never heard about anybody getting a rubber track repaired allways replaced.As far as the track rolling off,I dont think that will be a problem,the problem I could see though is the track "skipping" or "jumping" on the sproket which will eventually cause other teeth to rip out...not good.Rubber tracks definetely have their place and on top of rocks is not it,I understand that cha gotta do what cha gotta do but, I think it is possible to switch to steel w/ minimum changes,but it dependes on the make of machine.If you are planning on keeping the machine for a while and you need to travel/work on alot of rock and not much asphalt,then I'd definitely go steel.

/ rubber tracks repair options
Tags,

I actually got a Kubota KX91-2. I actually got a quote for repairing the track and it's around $400 but also got quotes for replacement tracks and Kubota wante $1600 per, but aftermarket prices are lower. I got a quote for steel conversion rails and etc for around $4500 for both and then I could alway get teh rubber pads ($33 each) but not sure what I am going to do yet. These prices are from Kubota so I may end up searching for other to provide me with steel conversion kits. I do know one thing I'm going to run this track til she peels off and then worry about it for sure then. ha,ha. I was also looking for other heavy equipment web sites and if anyone knows of some I would appreciate it. Talk to you later.

Darin