Kubota 121-3 rubber track install.

/ Kubota 121-3 rubber track install. #1  

radman1420

Tractor
LS XR4046HC
I recently purchased a Kubota KX121-3 with rubber tracks. Needless to say I have popped off one of my tracks. I was turning to sharp on sloped ground and it packed with dirt and small rock (I think). Next thing I see is the track laying on the ground lol. I managed to limp it onto flat ground and used my tractor to pull the track up. Now since I dont have a manuel for the thing im trying to figure out how to put the track back on. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also since the track is off is there anything I might need to do while its off?

Thanks,

/ Kubota 121-3 rubber track install. #2  
Too bad you didn't watch the Gold Rush Alaska Series on the Discovery Channel. Those guys were always dropping a track and fixing it. If your machine doesn't have a lot of hours, it might just be the matter of a simple adjustment. I would advise you to go to YouTube and do a search. Someone made of made a video of how to fix the thing.
Good luck and good hunting.
Just checked out YouTube, nice video there called, "How to Install Replace Mini Excavator Rubber Tracks."

/ Kubota 121-3 rubber track install. #3  
I watched the video AStanton mentioned and it is fairly consistent with the procedure for reinstalling the track on your 121-3. Before reinstalling your track I would recommend investigating why the track came off in the first place. First and foremost check the track for damage. It would be a waste of time to reinstall a damaged track. Second, check the upper idler roller. It may be rough to turn, loose, or possibly missing. Thirdly, assess the drive sprocket teeth to make sure there are no missing teeth or they are not badly worn. The last check on the machine is to see how far the track on the other side is sagging. It may just be that the track was loose and needed adjustment. The video says two inches if sag is good. That is incorrect for your Kubota. 10-15 mm (3/8"-1/2") is what you want. To check the sag of your track first you need to find the infinity symbol (the number 8 on it's side on the inner portion of the track) and turn the track until that symbol is over the upper idler roller. With the machine lifted in the air, take a measurement from the lower idler roller to the inside of the track below and if needed add grease to increase the tension. If you do have to adjust the tension, run the track a few rotations and recheck the measurement. One last note, make sure the track is facing the correct direction prior to install. It's a terrible feeling to be all done and then to realize it's on backwards. Good luck!