BCS Tracks

/ BCS Tracks #1  

TimberXX

Platinum Member
Tractor
BCS 770 Italian 2 Wheel Tractor, Grillo 107d, BCS 853, Deere x350, Deere x730
What happened to the BCS tracks? Are they still available outside the US? I am more curious than anything.

A link below has a little info, and a photo.

Accessories

/ BCS Tracks #2  
Seems that the axles of the tractors were not strong enough to handle the added torque and would break. They would be nice to have...

/ BCS Tracks #4  
I thought about making a set for my dads gravely. Good to see the concept was already in production. I wanted them for drainage work where the jobsite may be half under water. I am tossing around the idea of a pto driven front trailer to go with them. Sort of like a small all terrain concrete buggy.

/ BCS Tracks #5  
The tracks are all gone. They are on my website only to show what they are like should you find some available.

HOWEVER, they make for very SLOOOOOW ground speed. The drive sprocket for the tracks is small and that determines the ground speed of the track. My very limited experience with them is that the ground speed is about 1/3 the ground speed with the standard 5x10 wheel and tire. Anybody need to rototill at .2mph in first gear. They were expensive and had very limited use but they do make for a cool looking two-wheel tractor!

/ BCS Tracks #6  
I know Jim in Bend Oregon has a pair of NOS tracks. I saw them on craigslist and called the guy as soon as I did. Unfortunately, Jim beat me to it :-(

They really need to have a subframe built on them to make them good for use. Apparently, they would put too much stress on and crack out transmission housings when used alot. A subframe designed to limit the flex would help. That, and what John said regarding speed.

/ BCS Tracks #7  
Just what I want. Use a higher gear if they are too slow. A subframe is totally doable. I fabricate a lot of stuff.

/ BCS Tracks #8  
Yes I have a set from the dealer in Eugene. I actually haven't used them yet. They were part of an equipment idea for going really slow and transplanting crops in. They would be great for moving snow with a blade but it sounds like they would be a little slow for my snowblower. So far no snow yet this winter. Would they break the axle or would they break the differential? I have a good selection of the larger two wheel tractors and they all have different ways of supporting the axle. These may go on a cast iron transmission two wheel tractor rather than a BCS. I have a Goldoni and a Valpadana both with the lombardini diesel that these could be adapted to.

/ BCS Tracks #9  
I suspect the axle on the BCS is fine with the tracks. Some people run dual 6.5x12 wheels and tires with wheel weights and I have not heard of broken axle problems. The tracks do not add weight supported by the axles so the axle load is not increased. The question comes when turning the tractor as to whether the twisting moment can damage the axle or the tracks. Since the BCS tractor is so light in weight I suspect there will not be a problem. My choice would be to run the tracks on an 853 tractor and use the wheel (track) brakes to turn. The 853 with the third ground speed give a ground speed in the 1 mph range. This sound like fun. Keep us posted.

/ BCS Tracks #10  
Hi! A Quebec BCS dealer Has one 853 with tracks. You can see on You Tube BCS tracks. I think these tracks are from ATV tracks. Expensive. But the speed are not very low. Good Luck ! Oldmech