Tractor
JD LX288 and a B7800
Old Hayer

Attachments

• 8-110970-hayer.jpg
    8-110970-hayer.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 125
   / FOUND: 2nd Old Farm Implement #2  
That would be a Dump Rake, looks to be missing the toung and seat.

/ FOUND: 2nd Old Farm Implement #3  
DAP,
I've got one over at my grandmother's place i'll take a closer look next week and compare the two for missing parts.
That little trailer looks like it has potential though. I wish I had it here for the fourwheeler.

Patrick, Keep looking and good luck,

/ FOUND: 2nd Old Farm Implement #5  
yup thats a hay rake i got one in the frount yard

/ FOUND: 2nd Old Farm Implement #6  
One can make a pretty nice looking flower post w/those dump rake tings.
Seat on those old iron seat during haying season no much fun.
What else do you have. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ FOUND: 2nd Old Farm Implement #7  
I found one of those on my land also.
8-111090-tractor-rakecrop.jpg

There must have been a TON of these things made. They crop up EVERWERE!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Attachments

• 8-111090-tractor-rakecrop.jpg
    8-111090-tractor-rakecrop.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 103
   / FOUND: 2nd Old Farm Implement #8  
I take it you like to mowe your lawn under any type of weather. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

I recall your photo about a year ago..whew time passes quickly.

/ FOUND: 2nd Old Farm Implement #9  
Hay Rake
I've spent more than a few days sitting on that comfortable metal seat directing [ should say following ] several horses during the haying season. Always remember the smell of fresh hay.

Egon

/ FOUND: 2nd Old Farm Implement #10  
Just a tad more information. After hay was mowed, it was allowed to lie on the ground on top of the stubble to dry. Meanwhile the farmer paced the ground, prayed that it wouldn't rain, and in general was a real bear to get along with. When the hay had dried sufficiently, the dump rake was used to pull the hay together into piles. Then the farmer with the assistance of children or wife would come along with a hay rack and load up the loose hay, carry it to a central location and pile it up into a hay stack. This was a real work of art, as the hay had to be compacted and the top had to be crowned to shed rain. With the advent of tractors and front-end loaders with hay tines (long, wooden tines), dump rakes were sometimes used to pull the hay together into piles or windrows so it could be picked up and transported to the site of the hay stack. Side-delivery rakes replaced the dump rakes because they were much faster and fluffed up the hay better so it would continue to dry in the windrows.