So..what's an acre go for in your area?

/ So..what's an acre go for in your area? #11  
$1k per acre for the land, plus $100 per gopher. Averages out to about $80k per acre including the gophers.

Doublewide also adds.

/ So..what's an acre go for in your area? #12  
Depends. Around here 2K to 3.5K per acre in the country, up to 25K in town.

/ So..what's an acre go for in your area? #14  
About 4k an acre for us. 30 min drive to Dallas. 30 min any direction to Wally world (Seagoville, Terrell, Gun Barrel, Ennis). We live in Rosser.

/ So..what's an acre go for in your area? #15  
The last chunk of land we bought (45 acres) was just over $500 an acre for a mix of woods and swampy woods. I have an agreement in place for 40 acres of open land (6 acres of it is a vineyard) for $750 an acre. This piece borders my hay ground and there is plenty of land bordering it for expansion in the future. We passed on a 35 acre chunk (10 acres of open field) that went for $1k/acre. Not all land is cheap around here, if you go to the other side of Rt. 20 on the good gravel side then you are talking a minimum of $2k/acre for open land close to $3k if it has a vineyard on it. If you get next to Lake Erie then forget it, I don't even ask how much for land on the Lake.

We bought my neighbors orchard/vineyard (19 acres, house and barn) for $65k. The house is in good shape but needs some work and the barn needs some work. The farm had been let go for a couple years but it is looking much better now.

/ So..what's an acre go for in your area? #16  
My rural property near Sequoia, was around 6k per acre for 27 acre parcel 3 years ago. But my neighbors just subdivided their 32 acres and sold three 5 acre lots for 250k each earlier this year.:eek: So that's 50k per acre. No water, no electricity, no utilities of any kind. Did I buy at the right time or what?
LOL ... my Southern Calif city home, which is located right up against a private country club, would be astronomical per acre ... I dunno? Real estate out here is down a little but still nuts. Anything in the city is out of sight. Acreage on the outskirts are being bought up by developers and for giant industrial complexes or shopping malls.

/ So..what's an acre go for in your area? #17  
They had a story in the Dallas Morning News in the last week or so about the last two two acre sites on White Rock Lake in Dallas going on the market. One million plus per acre, nice homesite in close if you don't like the commute.

/ So..what's an acre go for in your area? #18  
I bought my land in 1991-92 for about $1,800 per acre, average for 33 acres. A 12 acre lot in this same area just sold last year for $55k, and it is going up fast. I have one 11 acre tract that I would not take less than $70k for, but it is covered in bluebonnets and has a great view. My wife has 22 acres, fenced/cross-fenced, with a nice double-wide and barn that we are asking $175k for, but we will negotiate a little.

/ So..what's an acre go for in your area? #19  
Around my area an average building lot sells for $125,000.

It is difficult to buy large land plots as all of the developers are out there cutting them up to see how many cluster houses they can put on them.

There was a small 100 acre farm that sold two years ago for $850,000 and it has been cut up into a few 5 acres lots that are built on now and about 80 acres is going to go into cluster homes (condos).

The entire state of New Hampshire seems to be going to cluster housing and open spaces to retain the rural area look. I for one believe this is just a ploy by contractors / developers to maximize the number of homes they can build and use the wet land and ledge areas as so called "Open Spaces".

/ So..what's an acre go for in your area? #20  
Paid 2,450/acre for 70 acres almost 4 years ago, with elec and water, on the beautiful Lampasas River. 50 acres hay field, 20 in woods.

Now worth 8-9K per acre! I'll never sell though.

KB