So..what's an acre go for in your area?

/ So..what's an acre go for in your area? #1  

swampvol

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota l3400HST TLB
Not counting being real close to any body of water.

Just curious.

Here, you are looking at 20k at a minimum if its multiple acres.

/ So..what's an acre go for in your area? #2  
$75k-$100k/acre around here is not uncommon, especially if you are in the "urban growth boundry". Out in the sticks, zone agricultural 40 acre minimum, you are looking at about $15k-$25k/acre right now.

This is near Beaverton, Oregon (Washington County).

Hope that is the answer you are looking for.

Derek

/ So..what's an acre go for in your area? #3  
What could you do, agricultural-wise, with 40 acres that costs $1 million?

Around here, land can run as little as 1000/acre to 10000/acre.

It is insane.

edit: oops, too many zeros in that high number.

/ So..what's an acre go for in your area? #4  
The Alabama prison system just sold 540 acres of swamp land (prime hunting land) for the high bid of 3009.26 per acre. Clear cut timberland (no timber) from 1500. to 2000 per acre. 30,000. for lot in housing development considered rural.

/ So..what's an acre go for in your area? #5  
About 250K an acre minimum for one acre unimproved single family lots in East Oakland California and about 10 to 15k and acre in rural Thurston County Washington with 5 or 10 acre minimum per home.

/ So..what's an acre go for in your area? #6  
Its hard to say but not too far away (on the same island) and somewhere in the hamptons someone bought a 40 acre estate for $103 million. now Thats a lot of sheckles :eek: :D I think it was the highest ever paid for a residence in the country....

/ So..what's an acre go for in your area? #7  
There's a lot of rural (5 to 10 miles from town) tracts in the 5 to 10 acre range on the market for $6K per acre. They're still on the market, though. The ones priced in the $3K range are selling. In Greene county, you can split any tract you want to whatever size you want -- except if you buy 10 acres or less. You cannot buy 10 (or less) and subdivide. In other words, I'll never have tract houses beside, behind or in front of me.

/ So..what's an acre go for in your area? #8  
We paid 25K for a liitle over 5 acres with access to Seneca Lake in Yates County NY. :)

/ So..what's an acre go for in your area? #9  
around here it depends on how close to Smith Mtn Lake or what sort of mountain views you have.. 1 - 2.5 Acres lots in a nearly developed subdivision run about $15k/acre.. 20 acres run around $5/acre.. We looked at lot less than an acre and they wanted $60k for it..

Brian

/ So..what's an acre go for in your area? #10  
jeffinsgf said:
There's a lot of rural (5 to 10 miles from town) tracts in the 5 to 10 acre range on the market for $6K per acre. They're still on the market, though. The ones priced in the $3K range are selling. In Greene county, you can split any tract you want to whatever size you want -- except if you buy 10 acres or less. You cannot buy 10 (or less) and subdivide. In other words, I'll never have tract houses beside, behind or in front of me.

Never say never. Things change, laws change. It is more a matter of when than if. I have 160 acres inside the Ozark National Forest and thought nobody could ever buy land close to me but some years back the politicians were talking about selling some of the National Forests. Luckily, it didn't happen then, but who knows what the future holds.:confused: