Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    BX22

Default Does your kitchen look like this?

Seems like every year we plant way more tomatoes than we can handle - - we're having trouble givng them away - - everyone else's gardens are producing too. Before I retired, I kept the office supplied with veggies - - guess I need to cut back how much I plant. Naw.

Jack
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tractor
    Yanmar Fx24D, Cub 3204

Default Re: Does your kitchen look like this?

Too soon for tomatoes around here but later in the yr we'll be over run with them.
    Yanmar Fx24D,
    Koyker 155 loader,
    RSB-1300 tiller
    Cub 3204, 48" mower
    Bolen 1257 GT with tiller

Tractor
    New holland TC(33)

start canning!
    Steve - TC33D 4x4 FEL, dual rear remotes with toys

Silver Member
    Tractor
    JD 3320 W/Imatch

I WISH MY KITCHEN LOOKED LIKE THAT RIGHT NOW,TOO EARLY HERE BUT NOTHING BETTER THAN FRESH TOMATOES

Tractor
    IH M Farmall-propane powered, H Farmall (father-in-laws), Ford 1300 diesel

I pick a 5 gal pail about every other day. I have no problem getting rid of them. I have eaten fried green tomatoes about twice a week now for about a month. My okra is producing now also, I am freezing about a quart bag every other day. It'll be gone before you know it, enjoy while you can.
    Praise is not something you do to get closer to God, praise is a response to God being close to you.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    BX22

Yeah, BT, it ends all too soon. We've frozen some & made tomato sauce to freeze too. But with just the two of us, we just can't keep up. If we use 2-3 a day, we're lucky - - but we are definitely bringing in more than that.

Tonight for supper, however, I had a huge, softball-size vine-ripened tomato with shrimp salad. Can't beat it!

Aah, yes, I'm sure those tomatoes have a lot more flavor than the ones I get from Walmart. But when I saw the title of this thread, I thought maybe your kitchen looked like mine did this morning. I don't know why I've never been able to bake with flour without getting it all over the kitchen, and all I did was make 2 loaves of bread and 4 dozen chocolate chip cookies.
    Bird

Tractor
    Looking again

Been there many times before. Last year I kept 3 dental offices and two very large families and friends well supplied with tomatoes. Had to take a break from the garden this year, got to be too much with a new house and a lot of other projects to do.

Oh yeah, I really don't even like fresh tomatoes either, but everybody else does. Everyone seems disappointed this year with no garden.

Tractor
    Kubota L2800HST w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046 & Craftman T2200 lawn mower.

Our kitchen will shorty and the ref w/a lot of cukes....that's the problem,it all comes at once....YIKES.

Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

Quote Originally Posted by Tdog
    Seems like every year we plant way more tomatoes than we can handle - - we're having trouble givng them away - - everyone else's gardens are producing too. Before I retired, I kept the office supplied with veggies - - guess I need to cut back how much I plant. Naw.

Jack
    Don't get me started...

I took four Wal*Mart bags of tomatoes to work yesteday (about a bushel) and gave them away. These are the ones my wife picked yesterday morning. She gave a neighbor 5 or 6 and these are left. We have about 8 chilling in the fridge and our freezer is full to the brim. I've eaten so many tomatoes that my mouth is sore constantly.

Ain't it great?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jim

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast