Does your kitchen look like this?

/ Does your kitchen look like this? #1  

Tdog

Platinum Member
Tractor
BX22
Seems like every year we plant way more tomatoes than we can handle - - we're having trouble givng them away - - everyone else's gardens are producing too. Before I retired, I kept the office supplied with veggies - - guess I need to cut back how much I plant. Naw.

Jack

Attachments

• p6250012.jpg
    p6250012.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 529
   / Does your kitchen look like this? #2  
Too soon for tomatoes around here but later in the yr we'll be over run with them.

/ Does your kitchen look like this? #3  
start canning!

/ Does your kitchen look like this? #4  
I WISH MY KITCHEN LOOKED LIKE THAT RIGHT NOW,TOO EARLY HERE BUT NOTHING BETTER THAN FRESH TOMATOES

/ Does your kitchen look like this? #5  
I pick a 5 gal pail about every other day. I have no problem getting rid of them. I have eaten fried green tomatoes about twice a week now for about a month. My okra is producing now also, I am freezing about a quart bag every other day. It'll be gone before you know it, enjoy while you can.

/ Does your kitchen look like this?
Yeah, BT, it ends all too soon. We've frozen some & made tomato sauce to freeze too. But with just the two of us, we just can't keep up. If we use 2-3 a day, we're lucky - - but we are definitely bringing in more than that.

Tonight for supper, however, I had a huge, softball-size vine-ripened tomato with shrimp salad. Can't beat it!

/ Does your kitchen look like this? #7  
Aah, yes, I'm sure those tomatoes have a lot more flavor than the ones I get from Walmart.:( But when I saw the title of this thread, I thought maybe your kitchen looked like mine did this morning. I don't know why I've never been able to bake with flour without getting it all over the kitchen, and all I did was make 2 loaves of bread and 4 dozen chocolate chip cookies.:eek:

/ Does your kitchen look like this? #8  
Been there many times before. Last year I kept 3 dental offices and two very large families and friends well supplied with tomatoes. Had to take a break from the garden this year, got to be too much with a new house and a lot of other projects to do.

Oh yeah, I really don't even like fresh tomatoes either, but everybody else does. Everyone seems disappointed this year with no garden.

/ Does your kitchen look like this? #9  
Our kitchen will shorty and the ref w/a lot of cukes....that's the problem,it all comes at once....YIKES.

/ Does your kitchen look like this? #10  
Tdog said:
Seems like every year we plant way more tomatoes than we can handle - - we're having trouble givng them away - - everyone else's gardens are producing too. Before I retired, I kept the office supplied with veggies - - guess I need to cut back how much I plant. Naw.

Jack

Don't get me started...

I took four Wal*Mart bags of tomatoes to work yesteday (about a bushel) and gave them away. These are the ones my wife picked yesterday morning. She gave a neighbor 5 or 6 and these are left. We have about 8 chilling in the fridge and our freezer is full to the brim. I've eaten so many tomatoes that my mouth is sore constantly.

Ain't it great?:D :D

Attachments

• TomatoWindow.jpg
    TomatoWindow.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 193