drive way alerts, again

/ drive way alerts, again #1  

heehaw

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M4900, B7510 and RTV
has anyone found a drive way alert that works?? i bought the dakota alert some time ago..was very dissatisfied with it from the first week..i have a one lane drive way, @500 ft long; it wouldn't go off when someone came in, but then would, when they left??? then let the chickens get to scratchin in front of it an it went off constantly..it completely quit @6 months ago..i figured the battery was dead, i brought it in last night, the battery is fine, but it would signal "maybe" one out of ten times when we walked in front of the sensor.
and this thing wasn't cheap. at least not to buy.
heehaw

/ drive way alerts, again #2  
I bought a Lord Henry driveway alert it worked good for about the first week. Then it quit. That's when someone clobbered my mailbox /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif (I had it mounted on the post). Now it goes off whenever someone pulls in the drive but also when no-one is around. I will buy another and see how it works. Hopefully no-one will hit it this time.

/ drive way alerts, again #3  
I bought my driveway sensor from www.reliablechimes.com. Model DWA-7, which is good to 2,000 feet. It has been very reliabled for me. It has a sensor that gets burried under the driveway, or parallel to the driveway. Only detects metal objects moving...

Joe

/ drive way alerts, again #4  
After reading what others say about them, I figure I must have the best driveway alert there is; a Rat Terrier named Buster./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ drive way alerts, again #5  
Like Bird, my driveway alert is old fashoned and very reiliable, Tootsie our Choclate Lab.

Mike

/ drive way alerts, again
the retail price on dakota alert is @ $200..which, if it was what it is advertised to be, would be cheaper than a dog, when you consider food, vet bills etc etc..i have located one that has a 10 yr "limited" warranty..for $180..but i am gun shy now..
heehaw

/ drive way alerts, again #7  
<font color=blue>would be cheaper than a dog, when you consider food, vet bills etc</font color=blue>

No doubt about that./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ drive way alerts, again #8  
<font color=red>would be cheaper than a dog, when you consider food, vet bills etc etc</font color=red> yes but your sensor can't greet you when you come home, alert you to that pesky cat crawling in the yard, or keep your feet warm at night

/ drive way alerts, again #9  
are these sensors wireless? what is the maxium range? what is the battery life expectancy? I have been wanting to put one out on our new property and have it wired to a video system so I can catch people that are illegally dumping.

/ drive way alerts, again #10  
If you have chickens get some geese and keep them out by the driveway. One of the best alarms made.

Egon