Heavy Equipment has Arrived!!!

/ Heavy Equipment has Arrived!!! #1  

Alan L.

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2710
The heavy equipment has arrived on my 24 acres. They will get started in the morning, building my road, making a 1.5 acre "lake", and some pads for my shop and house. They are also going to push some mesquite and locust trees down.

The equipment for building the tank is a BIG JD tractor - I think an 8410 or somthing like that. It is pulling a big yellow contraption that must be the scraper - the one that moves 14 yards per pass. Also there is a semi-tractor pulling a trailer with D6D bulldozer on it, and a big road grader. Sounds like some serious money that will be on my place for a week. I might have to sell my computer and some other stuff to pay for it, so I might not be back on here for a while /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif.

/ Heavy Equipment has Arrived!!! #2  
Alan,
Wish you the best on your new adventure.
Take a whole lot of pictures and start a scrape book,so you can look back in those years./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Try and not to bite your finger nails./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Stay safe and/w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

Thomas..NH

/ Heavy Equipment has Arrived!!!
Wow, one day on the job and the results are looking AWESOME. I hardly recognize my place. The JD tractor is an 8410, he says 235 HP, 4WD. That thing has an unbelievable amount of power pulling that scraper. Sorry I can't wait until its done to report, but I feel like a kid watching a heavy equipment video. Very exciting.

/ Heavy Equipment has Arrived!!! #4  
In other words the dirt was flying at your place today!!!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Gordon

/ Heavy Equipment has Arrived!!! #5  
It can make you feel a bit low though, watching a professional use a backhoe or loader, always makes me want to go practice some more.

Where I live has lots of rocks so even a 6300 lb TLB can't do much grading, you need about 50,000 lbs to either push the rocks down or break them off when you're back blading. I have some other property that is all sandy loam or what looks like topsoil, no rocks, I can do grading and look semi-professional!