HOME SECURITY

/ HOME SECURITY #1  

Bill Barrett

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130, Satoh G650, Case 580, Case 446
Excellent idea for HOME SECURITY!

1) Go to a second-hand store and buy a pair of men's used size 14-16 work boots.
2) Place them on your front porch, along with several empty beer cans, and a copy of Guns & Ammo magazine and several NRA magazines.
3) Put a few giant dog dishes next to the boots and magazine.
4) Leave a note on your door that reads:

Hey Bubba, Big Jim, Duke and Slim,I went to the gun shop for more ammo. Back in an hour.
Don't mess with the pit bulls -- they attacked the mailman this morning and messed him up real bad.
I don't think Killer took part in it but it was hard to tell from all the blood.

PS - I locked all four of 'em in the house. Better wait outside."

/ HOME SECURITY #2  
LOL

I think that would scare anyone off :D

/ HOME SECURITY #3  
Good one. Like Ron White on the redneck comedy tour says..."that's profilin and profilin's wrong":D

/ HOME SECURITY #4  
Enjoyed the new security system. But on a more serious note. If you read this article(http://www.theitem.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2007107180150), I explained where I got an alarm system that helped keep my mother-in-law safe. Found out it could also work for the house and outside sheds and buildings. They came from an alzthimers site on the web(alzstore.com). They're not the kind that have bells and whistles, or sirens. They don't call anyone. There's no monthly fee. Of course they don't help too much if you're away because of that. The alarm sounds a little beep. It can he heard throughout the house but not outside the house. They have door/window sensors and motion sensors. I put a motion sensor under the shed out back, and on the door of the storage building. They are a hundred feet from the house and they work quite well. The only thing wrong with the shed is that it's too sensitive. Seems like birds flying under the shed set it off. But that's okay, rather be checking and nothing wrong, than the other way. And these aren't that expensive. I've even put a base unit out in the building, so the would-be thieves know there is an alarm.

/ HOME SECURITY
I guess in todays world we need this.

Hey Bubba, Big Jim, Duke and Slim,I went to the gun shop for more ammo. Back in an hour.
Don't mess with the pit bulls -- they attacked the mailman this morning and messed him up real bad.
I don't think Killer took part in it but it was hard to tell from all the blood.

PS - I locked all four of 'em in the house. Better wait outside."

يا bubba كبيرة ، 19/4/1993 ، وديوك ضءيله ذهبت الى دكان لمزيد من بندقيه ذخيره. عاد ساعة.
لا طعام مع الحفره الثيران -- هاجموا صباح اليوم ميلمان وأفسدها آلية حقيقية سيئ.
لا اعتقد القاتل شاركت فيه ولكن من الصعب ان نقول من كل الدماء.

تبسيط العمليات - انا مقفل كل اربع 'em في المنزل. افضل الانتظار خارج. "

Hey Bubba, Jim grande, duque y adelgaza, yo fue a la tienda del arma para m疽 ammo. Detr疽 sobre una hora.
No ensuciar con los toros del hoyo -- atacaron a cartero esta ma?na y lo ensuciaron encima de malo verdadero.
No pienso que el asesino particip en 駘 pero era duro decir de toda la sangre.

Picosegundo - Trab los cuatro del 'em en la casa. Mejorar la espera afuera.

Not for the PC sorry. :eek:

/ HOME SECURITY #7  
Told yo'all about the little security system I set up out in my shed and storage bld. Guess what? It works. In the 10 years we have lived here, we have never had a problem. Last nite, we did. The alarms went off. As I said before the motion sensor is sensitive. Didn't think it was anything but a bird since I had checked many times before and nothing. Then the door alarm sounded. Knew someone was out there then. Grabbed cell phone and went to kitchen window. Could not see anything happening, but in a minute or two, the bld door opened, fellow stepped out, set something on ground, and went back in. Called 911 and told dispatcher discription of thief, and what he was doing that I could see. They dispatched three deputies. By the time they got here he had made off with my Troybilt weedeater with the tiller head on it. Had several other items on ground at back, thought he didn't want them. They took the report and said I could check on it in the morning. We put the other stuff back in the bld. This was just before midnight. The reason I know this is that the officer asked my DOB and I told him 8-22-1945. Then another officer said that's tommorow, and the one asking looked at his watch and said no, that's in 15 minutes. so they left.

I went back in the house and couldn't go to sleep. Was laying in bed and thinking about what happened and what should I have done differently. The next thing I did was get up and load my pistol which hadn't been loaded in ten years. Got up and got me some tea. I was as tight as a tick. Drank the tea and laid back down. Two o'clock and the alarms went off again. Went to the windows again, and there he was again, under the shed. Then went in the door again. Same thing over again, setting stuff outside. Called 911 again and went back throught the same routine again, but had my cell and gun this time. The deputies arrived and he escaped again. Pecan orchird behind the house and a lot of woods. He didn't get anything this time. Same routine they took my statement, this time he took some of the same things he did first time, and put them on the ground again, b ut this time he left his bike. One of the officers said he would patrol the area the rest of the nite. Talk about being tight now. I went in the house and sat looking out the front window, looking for him to come back for his bike. After about a half hour saw some car lights. Checked and it was the deputies unmarked car going by. In five minutes he came back going the opposite way. At least he was doing what he said he would. Another five minutes passed and my cell phone rang in my hand. I'm lucky I didn't shoot out a front window. It was the dispatcher, they had picked up a suspect and were bringing him by for an ID. BINGO, Exactly as I had described him to the dispatcher.

Went to his bond hearing this afternoon. He is on probation for robbery, out on bond for a robbery charge, had a bench warrant for another robbery, and now mine. His bail was set at $75,000 dollars.

The alarms worked, and it was well worth the money.

By the way, live out in the country side where they pipe air, water and light to.

/ HOME SECURITY #8  
Can you safely/legally shoot where you are(one of the reasons I chose my property)? One round downrange(not specifically at him) would have probably kept him from getting away with anything in the first place...

That link you posted to the article didn't work, but I think I found the device you were talking about. Interesting and not very expensive.

/ HOME SECURITY #9  
Was told by a deputy that you could in SC, If they were on your property and stealing your things, but I don't know for sure. Would hate to find out the hard way. Will have to check on it.

And yes, the alarms are inexpensive and very easy to install and program. And again, there is no monthly fee.

/ HOME SECURITY #10  
motepoc said:
Was told by a deputy that you could in SC, If they were on your property and stealing your things, but I don't know for sure. Would hate to find out the hard way. Will have to check on it.

Definitely check on the legal end. Don't expect law enforcement to know the laws...that's why there's a DA to take on a case.
Inside your home...no problem, I should think...but outside is another story. Also, if there are other homes nearby, you've got to consider where those rounds would go if you missed.
I think I'd prefer a shot gun for your situation.