OT - God forbid but just suppose..

/ OT - God forbid but just suppose.. #1  

Anonymous Poster

God forbid, but just suppose terrorists 'kill' a city and displace millions of folks. Where will they go? I assume FEMA has some sort of plan, does anyone know? Could land be taken under eminent domain?

Terry

/ OT - God forbid but just suppose.. #2  
I suppose having my land taken by the government to house several million people that were displaced by a nutural or un-natural tragedy the size of which could wipe out an entire city would be the least of my concerns. If I was close enough for the people to come, I would let them and help as many as possible. Hopefully, we'll never see the day, right?

/ OT - God forbid but just suppose..
Sorry, I shouldn't have posted that question here. It was just a troubling thought I had.

Terry

/ OT - God forbid but just suppose.. #4  
I'm sure we have all had those thoughts over the last 6 months. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ OT - God forbid but just suppose..
I don't know about FEMA, but I do know IRS has a plan to continue collecting taxes after a nuclear attack.

/ OT - God forbid but just suppose.. #6  
Terry,

I remember seeing a book or reading a document on this very same thing. If I recall correctly, martial law would be declared, most civil liberties nullified, and massive tent cities housing hundreds of thousands would be established in rural areas a sufficient distance from the strike zone. I don't think they would even bother with eminent domain. There are already executive orders in place (President would need to activate them) that would allow the President and the federal government to do whatever is necessary for the survival of the nation. This would include assuming control of land resources -- wherever they think is necessary. I remember seeing the graphic of where massive tent cities would be established. I don't remember specifics but they are in rural areas and predominantly in the mid-West. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Bob Ancar
Cambridge, NY

/ OT - God forbid but just suppose.. #7  
Was this in reaction to that guy they have over in "Pak" that shouted to the crowd that was outside the court house that they best get rid of therir US money for the USA will not be around for long ?

/ OT - God forbid but just suppose.. #8  
Terry

Rancar is telling you right. There are Presidential Orders going back to the beginning of the Cold War that only have to be activated. The government will be able to establish tent cities and move citizens where ever it wants, set up labor camps to clear land, work farms, transport goods and provide services.

After 9-11, a "Shadow" Government was set up in case of Nuclear Attack. This was done under a prior Presidential Order that I understand had been around since the 50's. I just wish they had told me right away so I could have had a "shadow me" setting in a bunker somewhere.

There is a website that lists the various orders, which president signed them and what they are intended to do. If I get a chance I'll see it I can did up a link.
SHF

/ OT - God forbid but just suppose.. #9  
Here's what I found. This web site <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.nara.gov/fedreg/eo.html#top>http://www.nara.gov/fedreg/eo.html#top</A> is a government website that lists them, but only has the text body for those EO's from Clinton forward. The descriptions below were from a "watchdog" site so take that in to consideration.

Executive Orders:
10995: Right to seize all communications media in the United States.

10997: Right to seize all electric power, fuels and minerals, both public and private.

10999: Right to seize all means of transportation, including personal vehicles of any kind and total control of highways, seaports and waterways.

11000: Right to seize any and all American people and divide up families in order to create work forces to be transferred to any place the gov. sees fit.

11001: Right to seize all health, education and welfare facilities, both public and private.

11002: Right to force registration of all men, women and children in the United States.

11003: Right to seize all air space, airports and aircraft.

11004: Right to seize all housing and finance authorities in order to establish "Relocation Designated Areas" and to force abandonment of areas classified as "unsafe".

11005: Right to seize all railroads, inland waterways, and storage facilities, both public and private.

11051: Provides the Office of Emergency Planning complete authorisation to put the above orders into effect in times of increased international tension or economic or financial crisis.

11490: Combines Executive Orders 11001 to 11005 and 11051 into a single Executive Order.

11921: F.E.M.A. is authorised to develop plans control energy, prices and wages, credit and the money supply to U.S. banks in the event of a 'National Emergency.' Congress may not review a President's decision to enforce a 'National Emergency' for six months.

12656: The National Security Council given authority to determine requisite emergency powers (increased domestic surveillance, isolation of communites, restriction of movement for groups and individuals in the USA, control of airspace, use of the national guard to enforce laws and seal borders).

12919: Signed June 3, 1994, by President Clinton. "National Defense Industrial Resources Preparedness" delegates authorities, responsibilities and allocations of F.E.M.A.'s Executive Orders for the confiscation of ALL PROPERTY from the American people, and their re-location and assignment to 'labor' camps. This Executive Order also supersedes or revokes eleven (11) previous Executive Orders [from 1939 through 1991] and amends Executive Order 10789 and 11790.

/ OT - God forbid but just suppose.. #10  
These EO's may exist, but they would sure be hard to enact. Fortunately, the US isn't exactly Germany in 1939. I realize they need to have a plan for some stupid SOB that made it high enough in gov't that likes the "yeah, but what if" line, but lets get real. If they tried to enact some of these on/around me or my property, I wouldn't care. I'd be dead because I would have shot the SOB that came on my property, and I expect they would shoot back. And they are probably better shots and have more ammo.

Sorry, I have little sympathy for people that live in large cities. Tough luck that you need rural areas to support you. Cornflakes and milk don't just magically appear on the grocer's shelf. Quite likely if a city gets destroyed the population there in won't need my property to live. The odds are they would be destroyed along with the city. Isn't the population a large part of a city? I may sound cruel, but the possibility of the city being a target is another good reason to not live in a city. I live WAY to close to DC as it is. Quite likely a large nuclear attack on DC would take me out as well. That's my fault for living this close and I don't expect someone in Nebraska to let me pitch a tent just because I live to close to DC. I made my bed (as have thoughs that actually live in large cities) and I have to lie in it (just like they do). Having said that, if alive, I'd high tail it to my folks in Ohio. I wouldn't even need to pitch a tent/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif.

Nick