Turkey Shoot

/ Turkey Shoot #1  

Jag

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota /L2650/ LA450/B4690 -- John Deere 450 Dozer
Guys, this is something new that I have not seen posted and thought I might warn others about... This weekend the small community where we live had a Turkey Shoot to help raise money for the park and other activites... I got roped in to helping and my wife went too... Well my wife took it upon herself to get all the other women to try their luck and had a whole bunch of women shooting... She had a great time and even won a turkey in one of the last rounds... She even won a shoot off. By the time she shot in several rounds and I payed for coffee early in the morning and hotdogs and cokes as it headed towards lunch, I figured it was going to cost me about $60-80 to get through the morning. But then the worst, I was informed that now it was "Her Shotgun", and I should start looking for another, as she was making plans for next years shoot... She is planning on winning the overall trophy... So that morning out just cost me about $600...... Watch out.

/ Turkey Shoot #2  
Good for her!!! Well, although you'll be out the $600, you've got permission to buy a new shotgun! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif You've probably made several guys out here jealous and wishing their wives would grant them that kind of permission! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Turkey Shoot #3  
Tell your wife congrats for me.
I take it you and your wife do some trap shooting..got to have an eye for that. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Women have done alot for the sport of guns also hunting in there quite way.

/ Turkey Shoot
Thomas, she has not done any trap shooting, but is now hopping up and down to do some... The nice thing about it is I have to get a trap, and now all we need to do is step off our side porch.

/ Turkey Shoot #5  
Now you know why you never want to let her drive the tractor - unless YOU want a new one!/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Turkey Shoot #6  
I won the turkey shoot last Thanksgiving, put on by some friends. Everybody chips in $2, and gets two shots at a turkey target, set at about 30 feet. A few of us bring Hawkens, and everybody does thier shoot on these(.50 cal percussion). For those of us that bring them, we shoot on someone elses gun so we have no advantage. Everybody has to stand to shoot, so the there's no bench to assist...

So, I shot a friends .50, left hand Hawken; had never touched or seen it before. I had a 2-shot group that looked almost like an 8; both shots overlapped each other. So, I won a 18lb turkey. Second place won a cornish game hen/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif