woodchuck problems

/ woodchuck problems #11  
Let them die a slow painful death is not my way of doing things. Hope it does not continue to be your's either. It calcifies the kidneys and then they die a slow and painful death. Several states have not outlawed Ethelene Glycol antifreeze and others continue to follow. That is the reason is the toxity is so bad.

/ woodchuck problems #12  
Anybody have any other suggested sources on the "Gopher Gasser"? I used this with great success 2 yrs ago - cleared ~8 dens from horse pasture (this is real important, some of those holes are definite leg breakers). I had no dens last year but I've got a couple again. I previously bought it at Quality Farm & Fleet but can't find it now (don't have Agway where I am - SW MI).

/ woodchuck problems
No worries Wen, if I even mentioned the antifreeze route my wife would have me out sleeping with the 'chucks! Not my style anyway, I feel bad hitting a rabbit when driving my car! Think I'll scrounge up a box trap and "relocate" them to a more hospitable place (far from farmland as they don't help tractor wheels any more than horse legs)

/ woodchuck problems #14  
The gassers are just sulphur. Stinks a lot and burns a long time. Smells like rotten eggs.

/ woodchuck problems #15  
I have had good luck getting woodchucks to move by filling their holes with fresh dog droppings. I guess their instincts tell them that if the predators are close enough to crap in their holes then it is time to leave.

/ woodchuck problems #16  
I use the gas from Agway. It's like a quarter stick of dynamite. Fill all the holes except one. Tape the stick to the end of a broom handle. Light the fuse and put the broom handle as far into the hole as possible. Close up the hole around the broom handle so no gas gets out. When it's done burning, pull out the broom handle and close up the hole..Gotta make sure he or she is in there first!

An old farmer I know used cynide gas powder he pumped through a hose into the closed holes. Had to make sure you were standing up wind!

/ woodchuck problems
I kind of like Dave M's suggestion of all I've heard so far. I have a Rotty so the supply of dog refuse is readily available!!