Name Your Property

/ Name Your Property
<font color=blue>The Hundred Acre Wood</font color=blue>

That's what we called one of the other parcels we looked at. You must have kids too /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Name Your Property #32  
So why not call it "The Hundred Minus Ninety-Four Acre Wood"?/w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

/ Name Your Property #33  
The piece we have is on "Rocky Hill" as mentioned in some old historical documents. My wife works for a title company and has found reference to rocky hill going back to before the republic. (Texas Republic) It was part of the old stage route and there are still ruts in places. The whole ridge is clay and rock. I imagine "Rocky Hill something" is what we'll end up with. Rocky Hill Home? RH retreat? RH ----???? have to put the kids to work on it - they have more time for such than I do.
mike

/ Name Your Property #34  
<font color=blue>The Hundred Acre Wood</font color=blue>

Careful, the only company that cares more about copyright infringement than MicroSoft is Walt Disney.

Michael Eisner is watching you!/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Name Your Property #35  
My wife came up with the name "Four Winds", as several coincidences added up. She has always loved the Grateful Dead, and one of her favorite songs was one called "Franklin's Tower". One of the verses goes "May the four winds blow you safely home...", and there is a point on the coast right out in front of us called Franklin's Point. It all kind of ties together in a whimsical sort of way, and we like it.

Of course the ridge we live on is called "Sandstone Ridge", "Fatjo Ridge" and/or "Rattlesnake Ridge". Nothing to do with any of the above, but there doesn't seem to be a shortage of names....

/ Name Your Property #36  
I figured by now someone would have guessed the only name I've thought of for mine; Bird's Nest, what else?/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Name Your Property #38  
We named ours Terra Cove (our weekend getaway). It is 18 acres of woods in East Texas. The rear of our property fronts on a quiet wooded cove of a 1500 acre lake.

/ Name Your Property #39  
We have taken the first two letters from the name from each of our girls, Tiffany, Antoinette, Victoria and Candis and names our place the Tianvica Ranch.

/ Name Your Property #40  
We haven't bought our 10 - 20 acres yet /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif, so really haven't put any effort into naming it. For discussion purposes, we refer to it as The Compound. I'm not sure if that will stick once we get the land or not, but at least we know what we're talking about!