Name Your Property

/ Name Your Property #1  

RobS

Tractor
None!
I know several members have named their "estates" by their signatures. Care to share your property name and how you came up with it?

We haven't officially named ours (heck, we don't even live there yet /w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif ), but it will likely be called "Redfield". Nothing to do with the soil color or anything growing in it. While property shopping the parcel we ended up buying was off of Redfield Road. The access road wasn't in so we just began referring to it as "Redfield" to differentiate from other properties we were considering. The name has stuck and most importantly, the kids know exactly what we mean when we say "we're running up to Redfield". Maybe someday we'll have a little sign near the entrance that says "Redfield, est. 2002" /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Name Your Property #2  
My wife named ours Grasshopper Pointe based on our dog pointing grasshoppers last fall (the dog is a Griffon). We don't live there yet also. Just starting excavation for new house.

/ Name Your Property #3  
We raise hogs and have many discussions on what to call it. So far we've hit on Makon Bakon and at a more creative time, Humping Hog Farms.

/ Name Your Property #4  
My place is called the 4L Ranch. L starts our last name and there are four of us.

/ Name Your Property #5  
Valhalla! It is where we will go (when house is built) at the end of each day's "battle" (work) to regenerate for the next day. Thor (our Tractor) will be there (April 1!) to guard the rainbow bridge and mow the grounds of Odin's palace.Jim

/ Name Your Property #6  
"Knotwyrk Farm" - A place that is the antithesis of what paid for it. The lumber was delivered last Friday for the first floor deck. Hopefully we'll have something to look at soon.

Attachments

• 8-120314-KnotwyrkFarm.jpg
    8-120314-KnotwyrkFarm.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 140
   / Name Your Property #7  
Most of the time we refer to our place as "Rutledge". As Rutledge, GA is the closest community (pop. ~600). But this fall we decided that the place needed a name, so as a family we came up with "Fee Fie Faux Farm". We all have black hats with Kubota Orange lettering. Great conversation starter in town.

Sim

/ Name Your Property #8  
For the past year and a half, we have struggled to come up with a name for our place. It's our final destination we hope, so it seemed really important to name it properly. Aso, we plan on installing a sign perhaps with our names or just the last name. Even found a sign maker that can make it for us in color on a paintable material that will look like redwood but last forever; they can do flowers, oaks, leaves, whatever.

During all this process, we talked about going out to "the Land" to walk ourselves and the dog and to dream about what the house would look like and where it will be located. We kept imagining oak leaves on the sign, along with names like "Journey's End" and other romantic names. We have held off having the sign made because nothing seemed quite right.

One day in the car while having a discussion about needing to get started on the sign, our seven year old in her wisdom said "Let's just call it 'The Land' - that's what we've always called it; why should we call it anything else?"

Well, it's not Tara or something more grandiose, but "The Land" holds meaning for us and I guess the name will stick. Out of the mouths of babes..... Now we get to angst on whether to put oak leaf clusers and acorns and flowers and woodland grasses and.....

Bill

/ Name Your Property #9  
For now our place might be called "Shady Rest" - until I come up with something better. The basement dig should start tomorrow.../w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif The barn (finally a home for BabyBlue) will go up during the basement phase.

/ Name Your Property #10  
The area where our property is located was originally called Ginger Hill due to the ginger soft sand that wagons would get stuck in while skirting the Kankakee marsh. We were going to call it Ginger Hill Tree Farm, but stuck with MossRoad. I like that better anyway.