What is this bug?

/ What is this bug? #1  

tile

Bronze Member
I've noticed this bug in the garden lately and I do not know what it is and it doesn't seem to be affected by the sprays I have used. Anyone know what it is and how I might get rid of it if indeed it is a bad bug. I assume it is bad becasue there are alot of them.

Thanks

Attachments

• 0618.jpg
    0618.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 346
  • 0626.jpg
    0626.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 275
  • 0628.jpg
    0628.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 270
   / What is this bug? #2  
1 & 3 are Assassin Bugs I believe. #1 resembles a Milkweed Assassin Bug (not 100% sure on that ID). #2 I am not sure what it is but appears to be a Weevil.

/ What is this bug?
Any suggestion on the best way to get rid of these bugs?

/ What is this bug? #4  
Asked a sim question on another forum a couple days ago. Your pics looks close to mine except color markings are a little different. The ones I was interesting were box elder bugs. You see them in the fall on the side of buildings on sunny days.

/ What is this bug?
OK I was reading on the assassin bug and is it correct that I do not want to get rid of them?

/ What is this bug?
They are not near the house and have been in the garden for the better part of the summer. I do not like these bugs as there are a lot of them. I have used neem and sevin dust in the garden which does not seem to affect these bugs. If they are beneficial then I should probably work on removing the food source so they will not be attracted to my garden.

/ What is this bug? #7  
Do they hurt anything or eat your plants? If not, they are probably eating other bugs. If that is the case, leave them alone and count your blessings.

/ What is this bug?
I lost most of my tomatoes over the summer. It seemed as soon as they started to turn red these bugs would swarm on them and the tomatoes would rot and otherwise be useless. I checked on my squash that is out there now and it has been infested with bugs and the 2 or 3 fruits are now rotted and otherwise unusable. I never would have thought they were beneficial. I have used neem and sevin dust in the garden yet these few bugs do not seem to be affected.

/ What is this bug? #9  
That looks like a "stink" bug. If you squish it, it will have a bitter/sweet smell. Once you smell it, you will never forget it.

/ What is this bug? #10  
Its hard to tell by the pictures, how big are these bugs?

I had a problem with aphids this year, they sucked the juice out of the cambium of the tree and the excess that they couldn't eat they kind of sprayed around, brought around more bees and stuff like that. For aphids you are supposed to use a hose and just spray them off, it lets their predators see them and eat them.

Sorry about losing your garden crops, thats a bummer.