Cycle Stop Valve for Sub Pump

/ Cycle Stop Valve for Sub Pump #1  

PSDStu

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota, M7060 HDC12, L4060 HSTC, RTV 1140
I was wondering if any of you have a Cycle Stop valve installed on your Submersible Pump well system, and if so, how it's working for you?

Thanks!
Stu

/ Cycle Stop Valve for Sub Pump #2  
Stu
I sounds like a regulator of some sort that the presure fluctuations arent seen by stystem to keeep the orfices in the irrigation system at the correct flow. but I've never seen one of them.

A couple of pump manufactuers make constant presure control boxes for their pumps which slows down or speeds up the pumps to keep presure even.

tom

/ Cycle Stop Valve for Sub Pump #3  
Stu
I have the Cycle Stop Model #CSV3B on my well. It works great. Keeps my 5 HP pump from cycling with as little as a 3/4" garden hose. My well produces 65 GPM, & the 5HP pump will deliver it while maintaining 60 PSI for my irrigation system.

Marty

/ Cycle Stop Valve for Sub Pump #4  
I have as CSV-1 on my 3/4 hp well pump. It will let the pump run with as little as a trickle on the faucet and maintain about 65psi. I have been happy with it over the last few years. My only complaint is at times the valve will let out a loud whine. Sometimes it gets very loud. I have never figured out why it whines, although it is usually only for a few minutes.

It works very good with my irrigation system. I would say it is a must have if you irrigate with a well.

/ Cycle Stop Valve for Sub Pump
MartyAnderson said:
Stu
I have the Cycle Stop Model #CSV3B on my well. It works great. Keeps my 5 HP pump from cycling with as little as a 3/4" garden hose. My well produces 65 GPM, & the 5HP pump will deliver it while maintaining 60 PSI for my irrigation system.

Marty

I have as CSV-1 on my 3/4 hp well pump. It will let the pump run with as little as a trickle on the faucet and maintain about 65psi. I have been happy with it over the last few years. My only complaint is at times the valve will let out a loud whine. Sometimes it gets very loud. I have never figured out why it whines, although it is usually only for a few minutes.

It works very good with my irrigation system. I would say it is a must have if you irrigate with a well.

Marty, Johnray,

Thats exactly the info I was looking for. I need to use my sub pump for some irrigation and had heard about the Cycle Stop valve and wanted to hear some first hand comments about how well they did/didn't work.

Looks like a fairly simple install to backfit it into my pump house.

Stu

/ Cycle Stop Valve for Sub Pump #6  

I know I'm on a very old post, but just for the Google finders out there:

I have the same experience. I get the whine as well. System works well but occasional (recently all the time) it gives loud whine near the end of the cycle.

Recommended.

/ Cycle Stop Valve for Sub Pump #7  
Most likely the whine is high frequency valve chatter as the pump shuts down. I had it explained to me once but it all sounded like hocus-pocus. It has to do with the water pressure causing harmonics in the valve.

/ Cycle Stop Valve for Sub Pump #8  
We have a Cycle Stop valve in our system, but it is in the casing, along with the pressure tank, so I don't hear it.

I do like the way it operates though. Cycle Stop Valves, Inc.