In case you forgot

/ In case you forgot #2  
Good idea Franz /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif. It is unfortunate that as time goes by, we do tend to forget. Glad to have someone like you helping us remember! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ In case you forgot #3  
I'm just glad the USS roosevelt has outchopped the med and should be in port in a few days. Wife has been on pins and needles since the day her brother left. Besides now I get to go turkey hunting with a great friend.

<font color=red>Keep those greetings flowing the deployed people are getting them</font color=red>

/ In case you forgot #4  
My son is on the Kennedy, which belatedly releived the Roosevelt. I sure am glad we were finally able to convince him to get his e-mail account, since he's every bit as bad as I am about writing paper letters. Isn't it amazing how we can now contact many, though certainly not all, of our servicemen by e-mail. The other day, he and I exchanged a couple of notes almost instantly because he was in the middle of a weird shift.

Chuck

/ In case you forgot #5  
yes e-mail is making it much easier to stay in touch, but you will notice some blackout periods where the ships server will reject email for certain operational periods. We noticed this alot at the start of the war. Also remeber that these are public servers so your son will not always be able to answer questions like when they will be back, what ports they are going too, or any current operations. Last year the navy had problems with a company allowing news agencies access to records and e-mail files so we generally keep it light and stick to the basics of how is the family, and we miss you alot. Tell your son he will be in our prayers daily....rob