My soon to be new house

/ My soon to be new house #1  

s1120

Veteran Member
Tractor
87 Ingersoll 444, 84 Ingersoll224/'44 GreavlyL/60'sGreavlyL/49 Ford 8N
Well, after months of hemming, and hawing, we finally decided on a house plan. We had hopped to be started by the end of March. Well March is almost over so we are going for the end of April. I am so looking forward to moving back to the country, and in the same town as my tractors./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Here is a link to the plan we picked. <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.frankbetz.com/x_plan_info.html?pn=3553&vw=EL>http://www.frankbetz.com/x_plan_info.html?pn=3553&vw=EL</A>I will be having a ton of questions in the near future, so you will all have to bear with me./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ My soon to be new house #2  
Paul,

Which plan?

We used Frank Betz plan for our home and are happy with it (of course nothing is complete without some modifications /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif). We built the "Candace" but changed it to brick and cedar, no arch windows, kept the roundtop windows, put a second floor above the dining room (instead of cathedral) enlarged the garage, added a 3rd floor loft, removed the tray ceiling in the master br and added a room above it, changed most hip roof areas to gable end, and built the house in a mirror image. It was fun!

/ My soon to be new house #3  
Check your link Paul. It can't be opened.

Will your tractors be having a welcoming home party for you guys? /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ My soon to be new house #4  
Paul,

You've got an extra "http://" there at the front of the url. That also happened to one of my posts for some reason(anyone know why?).

/ My soon to be new house #5  
<font color=blue>anyone know why?</font color=blue>

The most common cause is by having a space character at the beginning of your url. If the magic software doesn't see "http://" right at the beginning, it inserts one for you.

It's best to make good use of the Preview window to double check your links.
wink.gif

/ My soon to be new house
Sorry guys./w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif I fixed it now.

Ya we are making a few changes to the plan. The garage will have to be bigger. It will be eather 22x26, or 24x26 depending on the budget. We also will be loosing the try ceiling. See no need for it, and adds $600 to other stuff. I cant wait to get started. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

<font color=red>Will your tractors be having a welcoming home party for you guys? </font color=red>

Ya they miss me./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Plus they need some work, and a good bath. And thats hard to do with only having a few hours there, and no water, or power.

/ My soon to be new house #8  
Looks nice from the outside - lots of windows. Are you going to put the optional "sitting room" above the garage? We have room for a small couch and a table off our master bedroom and we use it frequently - escape from the kids!

/ My soon to be new house #9  
Very cool design! This must be an exciting time for you.

So if the garage gets bigger the 4th bedrm on the first floor gets bigger and the master br get bigger and the opt sitting room gets bigger?! Since you mentioned removing the tray ceiling to save a few bucks just thought I'd throw our an item that might save you some additional money. Changing the roof line from hip to gable style. It will dramatically affect the way the house looks but hip usually costs more to do (my wife liked the gable look more then the hip and we gained some usable floor space in both the second floor bonus room and attic areas).

Ya, we are loosing the hip roof. We like the gable better. As for the garage, the up stairs are staying the same. There will be a small roof on the side over the newly bigger garage. I do not know how he will do it, but he says he can. I will get a drawing of it before we decide. So many things to think about./w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif