Farm Kids at work-Pics

/ Farm Kids at work-Pics
I guess my B-I-L had no choice! He has three girls, no sons, can't find good paid farmhands anywhere and his B-I-L (me) is not too much help either.:D

And without being graphic, you should see her go. She has it done in a flash!

What's even funnier, well at least to us, is that my B-I-L is like the proverbial farmer's daughter's father. The fact that his daughters are dating just kills him and he isn't shy about saying so. I sure hope the oldest one can find a good farm boy to bring back home to the farm.....but I feel sorry for the poor lad....at least until my B-I-L warms up to him a bit (and he will...it'll just take time).

/ Farm Kids at work-Pics #12  
Those are great pictures of a bunch of good looking kids. I'm sure they realize how fortunate they are to enjoy that kind of lifestyle.

Please encourage them to be careful around those mama cows. I have seen some people get hurt bad fooling with a calf whose mama had never shown any signs of aggression.

Again, thanks for sharing those pictures with us.

/ Farm Kids at work-Pics
redlevel said:
Please encourage them to be careful around those mama cows. I have seen some people get hurt bad fooling with a calf whose mama had never shown any signs of aggression.

Yep, they can be standing there just rolling their eyes on minute and then the next thing you know they're coming at you like a freight train! And when they're really going, a whack with that axe handle doesn't phase them much.

You can see the look on their faces in that last photo, she was coming hard. I was a little to her right and could see her out of the corner of my eye. Apparently they knew she as a rowdy one and my daughter already had the stick out.

My youngest neice, the one taking the stick, is fearless. Too fearless for her own good probably. She scares me sometmes...but what do I know, I'm just the uncle from the city.:D (And I try not to act like the uncle from the city.)

/ Farm Kids at work-Pics #14  
If one of those where my girls I would make up a nice photo album.

Then when the boys show up to TAKE MY DAUGHTER OUT ON A DATE. We would have a sit down. Me and the boy. Have a nice chat. Pull out the album and ask, "Do you want to see some nice photos of MY DAUGHTER?" This has to be done with the tone of voice that says, "No is not the right answer." :D

After the usual photos of babies, birthday parties, sports, etc, THEN you show the photo of the daughter taking the You Know Whats off a baby bull. :eek:

Tell the Young Lad that this is what my daughter can do so be careful. :eek::eek::eek: :D:D You don't want to make her angry. She can do it fast or she can do it slow... :D Either way you loose. :D

Later,
Dan

/ Farm Kids at work-Pics #15  
dmccarty said:
If one of those where my girls I would make up a nice photo album.

Then when the boys show up to TAKE MY DAUGHTER OUT ON A DATE. We would have a sit down. Me and the boy. Have a nice chat. Pull out the album and ask, "Do you want to see some nice photos of MY DAUGHTER?" This has to be done with the tone of voice that says, "No is not the right answer." :D

After the usual photos of babies, birthday parties, sports, etc, THEN you show the photo of the daughter taking the You Know Whats off a baby bull. :eek:

Tell the Young Lad that this is what my daughter can do so be careful. :eek::eek::eek: :D:D You don't want to make her angry. She can do it fast or she can do it slow... :D Either way you loose. :D

Later,
Dan

And after that, just tell the young man that you will be there up, waiting on them all night, Just cleaning your gun......

Insures prompt return times :D

The last young suiter for my daughter came over kind of swaggering,,

I told him not to worry, I had a shotgun, a backhoe, and 9.5 acres to hide the body on................:eek:

My daughter said he was a perfect gentleman, just a bit nervous about something.:p

/ Farm Kids at work-Pics
charlz said:
That 'calf transporter' is pretty cool!

Its homemade. Fits into a box hitch. Maybe he should send that in to Farm Show magazine. Of course, he might have seen it in Farm Show magazine for all I know.

It really does work well. It immobilizes the calf and it keeps it out where the mother can come up and smell the calf. Much better than the back of the jeep or a pickup bed.

/ Farm Kids at work-Pics #17  
Glad to see someone is passing the torch! Great pics-thanks!

/ Farm Kids at work-Pics #18  
Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

/ Farm Kids at work-Pics #19  
Great pics N80, nice series. Good to see youth working hard instead of playing video games and texting on the phone.

Oh yeah, great Jeep too!!!

/ Farm Kids at work-Pics #20  
N80 said:
Its homemade. Fits into a box hitch. Maybe he should send that in to Farm Show magazine. Of course, he might have seen it in Farm Show magazine for all I know.

It really does work well. It immobilizes the calf and it keeps it out where the mother can come up and smell the calf. Much better than the back of the jeep or a pickup bed.

They are neat deals, you can buy them but the one your BIL made looks great.
No need to threaten the boys with those girls around. Looks to me like they could take care of themselves very well!;) Its a great way to raise kids.
A good cow will always show some concern. Some will even charge and blow a bit. You really want that over one that just doesn't care. Then you have the other cow, that will mow you down if you even look at her calf. I've been put back up in the truck/tractor several times.(run over a few times too) If they are too aggressive off to town they go.:D