Highlander cattle

/ Highlander cattle #21  
too far for me to drive to try and help you relieve your population pressure, then. (although I was up by park Rapids for the holidays)

i completely understand the whole exurbia thing - 1/2 mile from me a guy broke up his 35 acre hayfield into housing tracts. 3-5 acres each with "no fence/no unrestrained pets/no large animals" stipulated in the contracts! I suspect the last of the 8 cookie cutter houses will go up this spring.
Another one bought an 80 acre hayfield 1 1/2 mile from me and started to advertise his 16 five acre plots when the county hit him with a "sorry, smallest lot you can cut out is 20" restriction. (apparently he missed out on the fact it was in a "conservation district" - whew!)

/ Highlander cattle
Erik_in_Hoyt said:
too far for me to drive to try and help you relieve your population pressure, then. (although I was up by park Rapids for the holidays)

i completely understand the whole exurbia thing - 1/2 mile from me a guy broke up his 35 acre hayfield into housing tracts. 3-5 acres each with "no fence/no unrestrained pets/no large animals" stipulated in the contracts! I suspect the last of the 8 cookie cutter houses will go up this spring.
Another one bought an 80 acre hayfield 1 1/2 mile from me and started to advertise his 16 five acre plots when the county hit him with a "sorry, smallest lot you can cut out is 20" restriction. (apparently he missed out on the fact it was in a "conservation district" - whew!)

Nice country, have spent some time in Alexandria, MN lately. Nice farm people there.

The rented hay land was supposed to be broken up into a 'cluster', but the buyer forgot to ask the county before buying so it is safe so far. Although why someone would want to live a stone throw from a 4 lane freeway is beyond me. The last time i fixed fence over there the tire from some vehicle had gone thru the fenc and ended up 200 yd into the pasture. Plus it is soo much fun to hay there and see the deer, turkeys, and whatever.

Soon all of our food will be imported from the 'poor' countries that can only afford farms.

/ Highlander cattle
ldabe said:
Here is a site:
http://wolfemountainfarms.com/

that raises / sells / and teaches about these animals.

If you will email Mrs.Wolfe (wolfe1@getgoin.net) she is full of knowledge and always willing to help others if she can. She can probably help you with any questions.

If you contact her, tell "Abe" from Michigan said hi.

Tried to but not literate enough in 'puter to manage the email part. Looking for places that may tan hides hair on. Or maybe a head mount. The last place i remember was in california but that was years ago and only about $300 for a tanned hide. Have done sheep hides, but a cow just seems to big for me to handle and want it to come out good.