Cutting fire wood

/ Cutting fire wood #2  
Heck I'd like either one!

/ Cutting fire wood #3  
Now that's the way it should be done. I could have sure used the combo unit this fall.
Thanks for sharing.
TJH

/ Cutting fire wood #4  
Boy, you have to love those firewood processors. I know a couple brothers in Vermont that do about 240 cords of wood a year, part time. Of course, with a processor like the one in the video. They run a sawmill full time. I couldn't do 240 cords in a year working fulltime with my saw and splitter.

/ Cutting fire wood #5  
Real nice - if you're lucky enough to live someplace with nice straight wood like that. Around here, we're stuck with knotty oak that we harvest when they fall down. They're typically 45+ inches around the base, and there's rarely more than a three foot length in the whole thing that's nice and straight.

/ Cutting fire wood #6  
Ugh. 48" twisted knotty oak. That sounds terrible. I am typing with hands that are blistered from last night's manual splitting episode that involved some smaller 30" evergreen rounds that were very knotty and often took two wedges to split. I am patiently waiting for my ordered hydraulic splitter to arrive.

/ Cutting fire wood #7  
These were used when we cut firewood into 4' logs and then split the logs and THEN cut that into 16" pieces. Before chain saws. That was when you cut only nice straight Red oak and Ash. bcs

/ Cutting fire wood #8  
That 8 way splitter ram looked great. Even if that machine cost $25,000 it would be a bargain for someone who split wood for a living.

/ Cutting fire wood #9  
WayneB, i was thinking that since we aren't all that far away from each other, and we both burn wood for heat...... perhaps we should go in together on one of those processors. :D :D

Of course........ by "going in together", i mean that if you buy it...... i'll come down and use it to process my firewood !! ;) ;)

/ Cutting fire wood #10  
There is a movement in Illinois to outlaw wood burning. So far it's just starting to get to the capital. Normally I would say it dosen't have a chance, but the begining of the year it became a smoking free state in any public space.